Stay-84

Fifi's Pov

"Sorry, you're going to have to stay in this box." She hugged me tight and gently placed me in the box.

"2 minutes before we're in their sight." What does that mean? Who's sight? Erinn glances down at me for a brief moment. She gets up to do something I couldn't see from the box. She came back with a small something which could probably pass as being a pillow. She lifts my head and places it under. "Erinn I would hurry up." She picked up a blanket and wrapped it carefully around me. She picked up the majority of the blankets and placed it on my chest and below.

"Is that okay?" It felt like someone was stood on me. I nod. "I'm going I have to put these on your head." She put on a blanket on the left side of my face and another on the right. Then she put some straight on top of my head. It was getting warm quickly.

The blanket was pulled from me and thrown to the other side of the room.

I shifted my head to the left

His hand is on my face.

No, no, no. Calm. Remain clam it's just a memory.

I felt the heat leaving his hand

A memory can't hurt you. Right?

His pinkie and thumb comfortably reaching the side of my face on my cheekbones, his palm of his hand under my chin and his fingertips on the top of my forehead.

How is his hand so big or my face so small?

I was struggling to breathe I tried to remain calm and think of my evenings on the rocks looking out on the beach and ocean.

Flashback—

I was nearly crying from laughter. The waves washed over me. I saw a girl sat on a rock with her family to the side of the rocks. She had her hair in one plait. She was around my age.

"Don't go talking to strangers Fi." I heard the voice behind me say, once I stood up, whilst I felt hands on my arms. I turn back...

—End Flashback—

Who said that? No one has ever given me the nickname Fi. I wanted to see the face which produced that voice and had those pair of hands. Whoever it was I felt wasn't much older than I was.

I could hear people talking but the blankets muffled it so much it was unrecognisable as English.

I felt the box. I was being lifted and placed higher then picked up again going even higher. I didn't know what was going on but I felt I was going side to side high up. I'm guessing someone's walking with the box. I heard beeping and opening doors. I heard the silence the van left from the engine turning off.

About ten minutes from being picked up I heard a door unlock and open. The box with me in got lowered down. I felt the immediate relief of the blanket being lifted off me. When the blankets over my face and around it had gone I felt the cool breeze and saw Erinn's face looking down at me. She picked me up and sat me on the ground. She also took out the pillow and put all the blankets but two back in the box.

Erinn stood up and moved the blankets and pillow under the single bed which was against the wall in the corner. "Come here." I came towards her as she requested. "Stay here no matter what." She says as she places the pillow under the bed. "Stay under the bed. Okay?" I nodded. I crawled under the bed into the far corner where the pillow was. She patted the blankets over me then pulled her duvet on top over the underside of the bed so I could no longer she out from under. I heard her murmuring to herself. The door opened and closed after that the room was completely silent. Either the room is extremely soundproof or out there there's barely a sound.