Fighting

Last day before off to university:

  It's been pretty much the whole week and tomorrow we're headed off to New York. I stare at my suitcase again looking and seeing if I got everything which I've done about a million times and I have everything which is good. I sigh sitting down. I have to say bye to everyone today, because we're leaving early tomorrow and ugh.

"Are you checking your suitcase again?" Mason walks in.

"Yes, I had to make sure" I admit he sighs.

"You've got everything Maddie you're all set, you even set out your clothes for tomorrow" he points out which I have laying on my dresser with my toothbrush so I don't forget to bring it with me.

"Don't judge me, I'm dreaming out this is a lot of stress" I said. He runs his hand through his hair.

"And you don't think I know that babe?" He asks.

"I know you do but I feel like you just aren't as worried or caring about it all" I said.

"How would you even know? You're too busy trying to find out if you've got all your things for the millionth time" he points out.

"How are you this calm mason!? We're about to leave all our family" I state.

"You and Nathan are my family...no on else so I don't think I have much to worry about" he says.

"What about Luke, and mark and even Lila?" I asked.

"They're not half as close as I am to you guys" he says putting his hands on his hips.

"Still they're something" I said.

"Yeah they're friends that I'll miss but I can live without them, I can't live without you and Nathan and I have one things I need, I just don't get why you're all paranoid when you're gonna be in New York City with me" he says.

"Because Ik away from all the friend that'll I'll miss and my mom and Nathan will be further than our friends and it'll all be a mess. I feel like everything is gonna be different and weird" I sigh.

"You'll get used to it Maddie, it's not like you'll be away from them forever, yeah you can miss them but still you have to not carry that baggage of you thinking about how they are all the time you need to go on with your life" he tells me. I know he's right but I'm just sad and mad. I'm emotional.

"Moms gonna be all alone" I muttered.

"For a couple months then Christmas then after that spring break then there's summer, you'll be seeing her even on like long weekends" he tells me.

"It's the thought of it Mason you aren't getting i don't get how you don't get that!? It's baffling" I said.

"Because I don't have ducking family to think about to be so sad over leaving this hell!" He says back his voice raising a little.

"What about your mom!? You care about her" I said my voice raising as well.

"She doesn't give a damn anymore, she fucking lets that douche do whatever she wants and she pays everything that's on her letting him be like that, she doesn't even notice I'm gone so I doubt she gives a fuck" he says back. I stare at him for a minute.

"You cannot blame me for me gonna miss my family" I said.

"I'm not, not at all I'll even miss your family Maddie I just think that you're gonna go back to school. University and you're gonna be emotional thinking about your mom thinking able your friends and all that shit will stress you out and you need to let it do because you have something to pursue yourself and you can't please everyone all the goddamn time!" He says.