Drunk!?

Masons POV

I stare at the drink down in my hand. Contemplating Werner or not to drink. It's tempting. To just have one night, one night to not think about what happened. To era what. One or two drinks can't hurt. Can it. It doesn't make me an alcoholic. Maddie gets drunk. A lot actually. I down the cup of alcohol and it burnt going down. I've had drinks before. But I've never gotten wasted as fuck. And I need to get at least a little tipsy to get this out of my mind.

Maddie's POV

What happened was intense. And he just walked away. I wanted to just kiss him be with him. Hug him. God. I walk around. Looking for a place to be calm and without as many people.

I look around at all the people and then I see mason. Downing a drink from a red solo cup. Alcohol!? He doesn't drink. Never. Because of his experiences with his dad. Is this my fault!? Oh god. I feel a little sick in my stomach. I feel horrible. I'm making him do bad things. Oh god. I feel the tears sting my eyes. I don't want to be the one who caused this.

"Maddie!" Lila and lily come up to me.

"Masons drinking, he doesn't drink. Never. And I mean never. Because of his experiences with his dad" I said my voice shaky. Lila looks over to him. "It's my fault. We bumped into each other and stared at each other for like a good whole 5 minutes. Then I said sorry for bumping into him and he said it back then left. He's drinking because of me. Because he's hurt. Sad. I did this" I almost cry.

"No Maddie don't say that" they both say.

"It's true guy" I said my eyes start to tear up.

"No, come on let's dance have fun! Do you want a drink?" Lily asked. I don't reply. "I'm taking that as a yes. At least one right? You're at a party."

She came back shoving a drink into my hand. No. I can't.

"No I really don't want to" I shake my head she nods.

"Ok! Nathan's actually looking for me, I'll see you guys later" she nods and we nod back.

"Go have fun, I'm fine" I tell Lila.

"Stop saying that to me Maddie" she gives me a stern look.

"It's true, please" I give her a look back.

"Tell me if you need anything. I mean it okay?" She tells me I nod and push her and she walks away giving me one last grin. I lean against the walls with a sigh.

Masons POV

I was definitely at least tipsy. And I was still only thinking about Maddie. So this helped shit all. I walk around with a drink in my hand and I see Maddie leaning against the wall looking around. Bored and sad. She looks so fucking good. She's not even trying is the problem. Someone bumps me forward which made me land right in front of her. She looks up to meet my eye. Her hot ass lips part. Fucking hell. I just wanna kiss her. She look away.

"Why...why haven't you talked to me?" I blurt out my words slurred she looks back at me. She seemed genuinely surprised I even was standing there still.

"Are you drunk?" She asked.

"You're avoiding my questions" I state.

"I'm not" She remarks. God it's great to hear her voice.

"Am I no longer good enough?" I slurred out. Her eyes widen.

"Mason this is most definitely not a great time to talk with you being this drunk" she tells me.

"You're right, wanna make out instead?" I asked. Her eyebrows raise.

"You should lie down" she says. Her voice is soft. God I miss her.