Chill day

I walk into the cafe before my class starts in 2 minutes. I get myself a coffee to actually start my day off right. Hopefully life doesn't suck. People let late last night actually. It wasn't too bad but ya know.

After I get my coffee I start walking to my first class just wishing I could still be in bed. Like always.

"Maddie!" Lydia catches up to me.

"Hey" I say.

"Last night was fun" she grins.

"Yeah it was" I nod.

"We should do it again sometime...just maybe not that many people" she laughs a bit.

"Agreed" I grin.

"So you know that Dylan guy you were talking to. He's like totally hot. And we kinda talked...I'm into him" she tells me. Damn I really want her with Jake.

"Really?" I asked she nods. "He seems a little iffy. But I mean if you like him" I shrug.

"What do you mean. I thought you guys talked and he was nice" she says.

"He was but. I don't know. He's not boyfriend material. You can hookup but he doesn't seem like the boyfriend type" I admit.

"Oh, makes sense. I don't know. I guess I was a little tipsy and I just found him like really hot. I need a bf though. Bad. And I don't know. All these university boys aren't the best" she says.

"Yeah I get it" I nod.

"Now let's get to class" she drags me along with her.

~

After all my classes. I start heading back to the dorm. I wanted to call Lila. We've texted a bit. And I can tell she's still...you know.

"I think it's illegal to look this hot not even trying" I hear the familiar voice of my boyfriend. Mason. I grin and turn around.

"Freak" is all I said he laughs.

"I am not a freak. Far from it. Maybe in the sheets but otherwise you're wrong there Maddie" he puts his arm around me.

"Yeah okay" I scoff.

"I can show you if you want me to babe...very much so would love to" he tells me.

"You wish" I say. "Also...you know what I just found out?" I asked he just looks at me not asking. "That we finish school in April not like June or whatever."

"You just found this out Maddie. Geez we've been at this school for months now" He nudges me.

"Oh shut up" I said.

"Sorry I'm smart." I roll my eyes at his remark.

"It's not about being smart dumbass" I replied.

"You know what. You truly do hurt me...it hurts" he tells me.

"Sorry" I said. "Anyway, we need to find a way to get Jake and Lydia together. Because she needs someone and he needs someone who's kinda like him. And it works" I tell him.

"Yeah, But...the thing is Lydia...she's like picky and all bitchy" he says and I push him he laughs. "You know it's true."

"Mason. She's my friend you can't talk about her like that got it" I point out.

"Fine" he puts his hands up.

"Now does Jake like her in anyway?" I ask.

"I don't know. He hasn't talked to me about her or anything" he shrugs.

"Well that's no help" I muttered. "I don't know. They're both annoying to work with."

"Agreed" he nods. I laugh.

Once we got to the dorm I sat down getting my phone out and calling Lila.

On the third ring she picks up.

"Hey!"
"Hey!" I reply. "I know we've been texting and all but I wanted to call."
"Yeah that's great" I could hear the sad in her voice and it made me sad.
"So how are you? Talk to me."
"I'm...managing. I guess. I'm still...well really...really sad" I can hear the tears start to come.
"Lila, don't you dare even think to cry. Come on. Remember. You're better than him, you're great. And he was some trash that you learned a lesson on. Right? Please don't" I try to motivate her.
"You're right" she sniffles. "I miss you."
"Yeah I know I miss you a lot" I replied laying down.
"Why can't school be done yet?" She groans.
"4 more months Lila 4 months. And then we're FREE!" I exclaim.
"Yeah I guess"

We talked for like 2 hours pretty much. Yeah. About random shit. It was nice. It was like she was here. Just 4 months.

"Mason" I sigh.

"Yeah?" He asked back.

"Can you get me food?" I asked.

"What do you want?" He replied. He looks over to me.

"Chinese" I said.

"Takeout?" He questions.

"Yeah" I nod. I turn on my side to face him. He was sitting on the floor the computer on his lap.

"Can they deliver it up here?" He asks.

"I don't know ask" I shrug.

"What do you want?" He asks.

"Chowmein and like spring rolls" I tell him.

"Ok...well then I'll order" he tells.

"Thanks!" I grin he breathes or a laugh then leans up a bit and kisses me.

"Anything for you babe." He said and got up grabbing his phone to order our food.

~

"You see Greys Anatomy is a show you need to rewatch probably a billion times. No one likes watching after Derek's death really" I said as I ate the chowmein.

"But it's really an overrated show" mason states back.

"But it's so great hat it deserves to be" I remark.

"There's like a billion seasons Maddie. How do you rewatch it all? Like don't get me wrong I'll admit it's a good show but still. It's a lot of drama and what 14 season of this. Come on I bet you half the people who have started it has stopped a long time ago" he tells me.

"Whatever. They're hot doctors saving lives. It's pretty great" I shrug.

"I feel like it should stop already. It's a little out of hand" he says.

"Yeah it's a little bit much. But we can't do anything about that" I reply.

We were watching old seasons of Greys Anatomy obviously. On Netflix. I started it from season 4 because this is when Meredith and Derek start up fully ya know. It's not like WAYY TOO complicated. If only life was a show. Or a movie. Or even a book.

"It's also really unrealistic. Like the relationships" he tells me.

"Yeah just like every show, movie or book" I nod in agreement though.

I take a spring roll eating it as I stare at the computer screen with Greys on it. No matter what. I will always love this show. Unrealistic relationships or not. It just does the trick.

I put the noodles to the side after I got full and stretched myself out lying my head on masons lap still watching the tv. I could do this with Mason everyday. It's great actually. God I love Mason. He runs his hand through my hair as we watch the show and I'm just enjoying tonight.

********************

A/N

HOPE YA ENJOYED. Anyways...next chapter is gonna be set in like a month in advance. I'm gonna kinda get it closer to summer cause I wanna fit in the summer before I fully finish the book. BUT WHO KNWOS WHEN AM I RIGHG GUYS. ugh! Help a homie out. Xoxo.

-Jana🤙🏽