SUMMER

Summer (end of school):

"SUMMER TIME!!" I yell hugging Lila as soon as I see her at the airport.

"I know!!" She hugs me back. "God I'm so happy to see you."

"Me too" we finally pull away.

"Can we just at least start walking out of here?" Mason asks.

"Shut up" we say in unison and laugh. "So...hows everything. Are you good?"

"Yeah. Pretty good. We're gonna have way too much fun" she squeals. We start heading out of the busy airport.

"Yes obviously, I heard they're having a bonfire tonight Luke was telling Mason. We should go" I said.

"Definitely" she nods. We get to the car I sit up front with her and we talk about random stuff the whole drive home.

~

I walk into the house and my moms at work but it's pretty good to be home for the summer. I put my suitcase to the side. The air conditioning is full blast causing the house to be even a little chilly.

"When does Nathan and Lily get here?" I ask Mason.

"Tomorrow" Mason replies putting his suitcase next to mine.

"Great we get an extra day without him" I joke Lila laughs. I walk to the kitchen ready to feast because I didn't eat today. I open the fridge grabbing a Powerade that was in there. Then I go to the pantry grabbing some cereal. Weird mix. I pour that and they walk in.

"So, when does this thing start?" Lila asks me sitting next to me while I eat my cereal. Sh takes a sip of my Powerade.

"When is it Mas?" I ask him.

"6:30" he replied grabbing a water from the fridge.

"It's already 4:00, we've got 2 hours to get ready come on!!" Lila says.

"Lila, we're going to a bonfire. I'm just gonna put on shorts and top and fill in my eyebrows" I tell her.

"You're right, but still. I need to fix my hair. And don't even lie. I look like trash" she said I laugh.

"We don't need 2 hours" I mutter.

"Just eat your food and shut up" She rolls her eyes jokingly.

"I was trying. But you're interrupting" I mumble with a mouth full of cereal.

"GUESS WHO JUST WALKED INTO THE HOUSE. ALL YOUR GUYS' FAVOURITE PERSON!!!!" The familiar voice of Luke is heard in the family room. "Except you guys are in here?" He mutters. He walks into the kitchen and grins. "It's me!"

"We didn't know wow" Lily says sarcastically. Mason looks at me with a "I told you they'd look good together" look.

"I tried, MASON....MADDISON. My favourite sets of couples" he says. "Where are my hugs?"

"I don't hug remember?" I tell him.

"You hug me, and you're going to" he tells me. I groan as he comes up hugging me.

"Hug Mason" I muttered. "I'm eating."

"Guys don't hug" he tells me and I scoff.

"They do that bro hug thing" Lila and I both say. We nod in agreement with each other. They don't say anything just look at us. "Fine whatever" I mutter.

"You guys are definitely going to the bonfire right?" Luke asks and we all nod. Luke takes my spoon taking a bite out of my cereal and I glare at him. I throw the spoon at him after he gave it back.