Emotional

I wipe away the tears that were spilling out of my eyes as I sat in my room just thinking. Replaying what mason said. And everything. It made me sad. And mad that he thought I would ever hurt him. I know he means like if I ever do something. But still. He loves me that much. The tears wouldn't stop. They couldn't. He was downstairs with Nathan playing video games or some shit. I made sure to lock my door so no one comes in.

When he said "that's what scares me the most" I broke. It was like a movie. And now I'm a sobbing mess not able to stop it. Why would he say and do that to me.

"Maddie?" I hear his voice on the other side of the door. And immediately stop.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Why's the door locked?" He asks.

"I needed some privacy" I replied.

"With what? Anything I can help with?" I could hear the smirk on his face.

"No" I muttered. I was trying my best not to be all nasally.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing I'm fine" I try to convince. That's when the door opens. Shit I rub at my eyes. "How did you get in?" I asked.

"I know where you keep your spare bedroom key. I pretty much lived here before" he says. I keep my head down. "Now can you tell me the real reason you were locked in here?"

"Cause I locked myself in" I state.

"Haha" he sits down. I was fiddling with the blanket really hoping he doesn't think to lift my chin up. And that's exactly what he does. His eyes widen. "What happened!?" He asks pulling me close to him and hugging me. I hug back. I felt more tears coming.

"Nothing" I resist to tell him.

"Maddie. Obviously something happened. Your eyes are bloodshot, and I know you" he says. I feel the tears pouring out again.

"It's what you said" I sob. He pulls away to look at him.

"What did I say?" He was definitely worried that he did something wrong. You didn't actually do Anything wrong.

"It was t bad. But. About what we talked about at Luke's. Out side" he wipes away some tears.

"Why are you crying over that Maddie?" He asks.

"Because, it makes me sad. That you think like that. And it also makes me mad that you think I could ever hurt you and there's a lot. Just what you said got to me" I cry out.

"Maddie. Please don't cry. I didn't mean that you'd hurt me I don't think that. I was saying if anything were to happen. Not that it is. It's dumb to cry over babe" he pulls me to his chest again.

"It's not dumb though" I cried. "What you said, it was like adorable but sad."

"Well if I knew it would do this to you I wouldn't have said anything" he says. "Listen. It was dumb. Don't cry" he says.

"I can't stop though" I groan. "And I'm not on my period or anything. I don't want you feeling like that."

"Maddie. It just means I'm in love with you" he said.

"But, you said it yourself. You're scared that if I do something you'll take me back anytime....and I won't do anything you know that. But it was just sad" I said. I wipe my tears.

"It wasn't meant to be sad. I know you wouldn't do anything to me, and I said I was scared because I've never done this. And this all happened like that. Maddie I was just trying to make you happen if anything" he says. "Please stop crying."