Emotions

Maddie's POV

One day in and still no sleep, cried a lot and nothing's changed.

I get out of bed going to the washroom and brush my teeth after that I head downstairs. Mom was at work. Christmas is in 2 and a half weeks. I never ended up talking to Nathan. I was upstairs crying to Lila and lily that night. Never came out of the room.

I make myself a coffee rubbing my eyes. I wonder how mason slept.i really just wanna be able to kiss him, hug him or really anything. Talk. I feel the tears come up but I blink them away. Maybe he's better without me maybe he isn't miserable even though he does look tired and hurt. I don't fucking know. All I know if I hate myself and what I did and life. I finish the coffee and sit. Everyone's asleep. I stare at the coffee thinking of mason.

"Hey" Nathan walks in. I look up my eyes probably teary but I blinked them away.

"Morning" I said. "We never got to talk" I add in. He grab water and sits in front of me. "So how's basketba-" he cuts me off.

"Why did you cheat on mason!?" He said. So he did tell him. My lips part.

"Uh-" I start and feel a pang if guilt and hurt. He's got a hard look on his face.

"Huh Maddie, Because right now he's miserable. He was barely talking. He hasn't slept in 3 days and...and he thinks you hate him. He think that's you don't care about him anymore and I haven't seen him like this since his sister" he tells me. My lips part again.

"Nathan please don't hate me" I manage to get out without tears.

"That's what he said to me. 'Don't be rough on maddie' 'don't get mad at her' 'don't hate her' he didn't even want to tell me. I thought he did something to you and so he just blurted it out like he didn't even wanna bring it up. Being drunk or thinking he cheated on you is no excuse. Especially since you had a perfect opportunity to even check if that was him. To at least try to get his attention before you made out with the guy" he said. His voice was low so he wasn't yelling but his fist was clenched. Mason didn't want to tell Nathan. He also told him not to be mad at me. It just all made me wanna ball.

"I know Nathan, I hate myself. I haven't slept either because I've been trying to give him space, to think about what he wants to do. He broke up with me" I said. "I feel like a whore."

"I don't think he broke up with you, he never told me that" he said.

"He said he was done." I stated.

"Well Maddie I wonder why the fuck he said that, what you did was horrible. To my best friend to your boyfriend who is literally obsessed with you. He literally pretty much risked our friendship for your relationship. He's been loyal, he doesn't lie, and you did this. Last night he cried. He doesn't cry he hasn't cried since his sister, last night he told me maybe he overreacted, maybe he was wrong to yell at you! And you, you were crying to your friends for something that you did wrong. I don't even get why you're crying over this. He did shit all to you" he tells me and I felt the tears fall. "I'm pissed at you Maddie, I would never in a million years think you out of anyone even mason would do that. He's my best friend and no one wants to see someone who is pretty much there brother get that hurt."

"Nathan, please listen" I sniffle.

"I don't want to listen to your bs, you can talk to your friends all that shit" he said. The hot tears stream down my cheeks.

Masons POV

"Nathan, please listen" Maddie sniffles and I feel like literally ruining Nathan for doing this.

"I don't want to listen to your bs, you can talk to your friends all that shit" he said. His chair squeaks as he gets out of it. "I'm disappointed."