Work

Dove Cameron as Miley Carlson⤴️⤴️

2 months later (December)

I walk into the cafe cold from my small walk from the dorms to the campus. I go back behind the counter grabbing an apron and taking off my giant coat and hate and hanging it up in the back. I now work at the cafe with Austin. Life has been pretty alright. Me and mason still golden. Not much else though. We've had our little fights nothing too major and all.

"Hey!" Austin comes in his nose and cheeks red.

"Hey" I said.

"It's so cold outside" he said I nod in agreement it had snowed and it's always been a dream to be in New York during winter. And it's beautiful I gotta say.

"I know, I have like my biggest jacket with me" I laughed.

"yeah, and I almost slipped like 8 times" he said and I laughed again.

"Oh my god, actually same" I said he laughs.

"Full shift today?" He asked I nodded. "Same."

We go out and it really wasn't busy so I lean back.

"So are you gonna go to the party on Friday?" I asked him.

"Yeah I think, you?" He asked.

"Lydia really wants me to go so yeah I might" I shrugged he nods.

"You should come, don't be boring for once in your life Maddie" he said I rolled my eyes but laughed.

"It's in my nature to be boring, plus I've got some finals break is in like what 2 weeks?" He nods. "And I already got not the best mark on my midterm" I said he chuckles.

"I got like 58% on one of mine" he replied.

"Yeah and I got 56% so try again" I say he laughs.

"Well it's just one night, plus didn't mason say like a couple nights ago that you've been studying wayyy to hard?" He asked.

"Did you forget that mason doesn't study so 5 minutes to him is like a year" I said he breathes out a laugh.

"Still Maddie" he said. "You should come."

"I said I'd think about it" I said.

"Excuse me!" An annoying voice called. I turned and saw Miley and immediately scowl. She has a raised eyebrow and pursed lip.

"What can I get you?" I asked in the same bitchy tone.

"Some better customer service" she mutters and I mentally laugh in her face. I roll my eyes whiles she's looking away. "I'll get a medium latte non fat with an extra shot of vanilla" she said. I punch it into the board.

"That's all?" I asked.

"And a croissant" she adds I put that in. "Wait I also need something for Mia. "And a cappuccino with whipped cream and non fat" she adds. I know she's annoying me on purpose. I punch that in.

"That'd be 14.57" I tell her she hands me the money I pass back the changed and she goes to the side while Austin started making the drinks. I got the croissant and handed that to her. She smirks at Austin. Bitch really you cannot go after everyone I know and are closer to. He hands her the drinks.

"Thanks, and what's your name again?" She asked. I remember him humiliating her about my name that time. He doesn't like her at all.

"It says in the name tag" he muttered pointing to it in his apron thing. She looks down.