Waterfall

Of course we decided to do this hike to the waterfall thing on the hottest day ever.

"Again, why are we doing this when we could be at home where there is air conditioning, and not physical activity. That's a lie a lot of physical activity. See we're good" Mason said as he drove towards Lila's house. We're going to pick her up. I felt my legs sticking to the leather seat. The ac blasting in the car.

"Because. It's really nice there I saw pictures. It'll be worth it. Also it's cute for pictures" I state.

"We're most likely gonna die" he says.

"No we aren't. We brought like a billion waters. Ice cold. And the hike really isn't that long" I tell him.

"Fine. Then don't ask me to carry you half way" he remarks.

"Ok, that's a little impossible" I say. He laughs and parks in front of her house. Nathan and Lily are taking his car. Luke is coming with us. After we pick him up. I text Lila and she's out in minutes. Wearing shorts and a tank top. Her long brown legs walking to the car. She had a giant water bottle in her hand and a bag. She gets in.

"Hey guys!" She grins.

"You suck complete ass" Mason said just as I was about to say 'hey' back. I give him a look.

"Why?" She laughs.

"It's the hottest day this summer and you decide to do this" he says.

"Well didn't know sorry" she shrugs. She hands me a granola bar I thank her and eat it. "So. Serious question. Is Luke riding with us?" She asks.

"Yeah" we both nod.

"What about Nathan why can't he go with him?" She asks eating he down granola bar.

"Because. Lily is gonna do inappropriate things to Nathan while he drives" Mason laughs.

"EW!" We both yell. He laughs more. Luke doesn't live too far from Luka so we got there pretty quickly. Nathan and Lily left like 10 minutes ago so they'll probably be there before us by a little at least.

Luke walks out looking annoyed.

"Why is it that hot?" He asks as he gets into the car. "Hotter than Maddie out there." I laugh at that.

"You are literally obsessed with me" I said. I grab the aux-cord plugging my phone in. I put on some music.

"Obviously Maddie. We discovered this a while back" he said. "So how long is this hike?"

"2 miles" Lila said.

"What!?" Luke and Mason both say.

"It's not that far. Half an hour walk" she shrugs.

"On incline?" Luke asks.

"Yes. Not like really incline but somewhat" she shrugs.

"Oh my god we're already dead" he sighs.

"You'll live" me and Lila say. I turn the music up. Because I put on 'panic at the disco'

~

We got to the place an hour and a little later. It was nice but really hot. We got out of the car. Mason's shirt was already off. He grabs the backpack that we brought.

"Oh lord. I wish we stayed home" he sighs. "It's. It even the length of the hike. It's the HEAT."

"Yeah I know. But cmon. It'll be nice" I said.

"I'm already sweating. We just got out the car" he says.

"Guys always sweat" I state.

"I hate all of you" Luke said.