Regret

I wake up to my phone buzzing on my side drawer. I groan grabbing it.

"Hello" I answer.

"Maddie! What the hell!? You let me sleep with that guy!? I regret it. I feel like shit. Why didn't you stop me!?" Lila yells into the phone. My eyes open and I'm awake.

"What!? I didn't even know you went off with him. I was doing my own stuff" I said.

"It was the guy I danced with. You remember. I slept with him. And now I regret everything ever. I'm so dumb. I knew I wasn't ready for anything. I hate myself" she says.

"Lila, calm down. It's fine. Just act like it never happened" I said.

"It's kind of hard" she groans.

"Don't hate on yourself Lila. You know what? You deserve to go out and be a slut or do whatever you want. Okay. Don't regret it" I tell her.

"I still miss him" I could hear the tears. "Like Maddie. I know this is some cliche teenage love story but it's true. It's harder than I thought and me doing that makes me angry towards myself. Even though he's oh there probably doing worse" she said and she sniffles.

"Oh Lila, do want me to come over or do you wanna come over?" I asked.

"I'm on my way. I just woke up like 5 minutes ago" she mutters.

"Please don't cry. We'll talk I love you and be safe" I tell her.

"K love you" she said and we hang up.

"Why is Lila calling this early?" Mason groans.

"She needs to talk. I'll be downstairs" I tell him getting up to leave.

"Wait!" He said. I stop. "I need a kiss" he waves me over I roll my eyes but there was a small grin on my face. I go over to him leaning down and kissing him lightly. But he grabs me pulling me back onto the bed I laugh.

"Mason not right now" I said.

"Why!?" He groans.

"Lila's coming over" I replied.

"She can wait a little while longer" he shrugs.

"You're annoying, no she can't because she's sad" I tell him.

"Oh Mark?" He asks I nod. "K, go to your best friend. I'm tired anyways" he sighs.

"Love you" I kiss him.

"Love you too" he replied.

I make my way downstairs and go to the kitchen. I make a coffee and wait for her.

She walks into the house her eyes were red and tears were rolling down her cheeks. I open my arms she hugs me.

"Maddie. I regret it all. Am I slut?" She asks.

"LILA! Don't you dare. No you aren't. Not at all. Far from it. Mark has done such bad things to you horrible. You have the right to do anything you want. Have fun. Because he's not worth your tears. And I know. You loved him. But listen. He's a worthless piece of shit. Lila. You're the best person I know and thinking he could even think to do that makes me sick and him sick in the head. You're amazing and any guy or girl would be lucky to be with you" I tell her she cries more.

"I miss who he was. Our relationship. I just hate that I still can't get over it. And I hate that I'm young and this is happening. I look at you and Mason and want it miss it" she cried out.

"Lila. I know I'm sorry" I sighed.

"It's not your fault" she hugs me again. So I let her cry all she needed.