you are my wife

VIII

The audience didn't seem to notice Marcus as everyone cheered on the newly wedded couple. Felix looked towards Emma, angry at the sight of Marcus at their wedding. They hadn't invited him so why was he here?

Trying to get Emma's attention, Felix huffed when he couldn't seem to get her eyes to leave Marcus's defeated figure.

Grabbing Emma by the arm, he pulled her down the aisle. Emma's eyes immediately snapped up towards his face before hesitantly raising a hand to wave at their guests when Felix had started waving as well.

As they neared the door of the church, Felix turned his hard gaze towards Emma, "What is he doing here?" He hissed, trying to control his anger.

No one outside of their family was supposed to know that they were married.

Emma looked up at him confused, "I had invited him. It is my wedding as well."

Felix chuckled dryly, "He will tell the whole fucking school we're married and then—"

Emma rolled her eyes, ripping her arms from Felix's grip and she took a hold of her dress and raised it as they started to step down the stairs of the church, "Yes, your girl will find out but Marcus wouldn't tell anyone if I said he must not." Emma drawled out, rolling her eyes as she said 'my girl'.

Emma waited for the hurt to come, the sting of him being with another girl but was surprised to not feel anything, relieved even.

She was a little annoyed that he kept bringing it up but annoyed was something she could handle. She wondered if actually getting to know him now had helped changed her feelings towards him. He hadn't been like this when they were thirteen and she was falling for him. He hadn't been one of those boy to break girls' hearts even though he had broken Emma back then. He had been respectful and had spoken to Emma in a light voice. Always showing that he cared in his eyes and in the way he spoke.

When it came to eighteen-year-old Felix Hayden, all he did was glare and hiss.

Marcus looked towards the couple as Felix pulled her down the aisle. He wanted to see her, go over to her and hold her. Silently apologize for being to late but Emma sent him a warning expression which Felix had noticed and he growled towards her, "You are my wife."

Emma looked towards him, "We are only married to please our parents." Emma hissed, repeating what he had said to her when they found out about the marriage.

Felix's jaw clenched, his fist clenching to keep himself from pulling Emma into his chest. To will her to obey him. "You will not see him during our marriage."

Emma laughed as if what he had said was a joke, "If you think because you are my husband that you have a claim over the things I do. Then you are wrong, you had said before that no one but our family knows we are married therefore I can be with anyone out of your home. I might have listened to everything you said before but that's not happening anymore." Emma knew she had told Marcus she couldn't be with him because she was married but Felix had been doing it for so long. He'd been with many girl why they were engaged and after all, it was just an arranged marriage.

Emma wanted to know what it was like to feel loved. She craved the feeling.

Felix hated the fact he could not control his wife, especially when she had once obeyed his every command. Emma looked up at her husband and smiled bitterly, "You better take that frown off your face and smile because we still have a reception to sit through."

Felix sighed, trying to calm his Stone hard expression only to freeze when his mother came into his view. She was confused, eyes darting between the newly married couple. Felix immediately sent her a reassuring smile and took a hold of Emma's wrist and pulled her closer to his side, "You will hold my hand."

Emma huffed, "You could have just asked." She stated as she slipped her hand into his but Felix let go when she didn't intertwine their fingers. She held his hand as if he was a parent helping her cross the road. He intertwined their fingers and tugged her closet towards one of his father's car that had 'Just married' written proudly at the back. Emma cringed at the sight.

She had once been so thrilled when Owen had painted it along the back of the car.

Emma quickly got into the car and looked out of the window, hoping to spot Marcus and she felt her body relax as she saw him getting into his truck.

Catching her gaze, he smiled at her. His eyes seemed to tell her he would see her later and Emma smiled, relieved. He did ask for a dance.

Felix looked towards his wife who was smiling like an idiot and he clenched his jaw at the sight of Marcus smiling at her. He clenched his fists around the steering wheel of the car and took off onto the road so fast that Emma bumped her head against the window and let out a small scream from shock. "Felix!"

He looked towards her with a smirk but frowned as she said, "Either you're excited to have your first dance with me as your wife or you can't wait for this wedding to be over with."

He couldn't wait for either.

<><><>

Macie smiled towards Emma who was greeting many of the guests she had not seen at the church. She had a big smile on her face as she hugged some of the cousins she had not seen in years. Emma's father, Nicholas was surprised to see Marcus sitting at one of the tables. He turned to his wife, "Had you invited Marcus?"

Macie looked towards her husband, "No, but he had come over yesterday and Owen had said Emma was upstairs getting ready for the wedding. They were in her room for a while before Marcus left in hurry and then he called this morning asking if he could see her today." She looked towards Marcus, who had his gaze locked on Emma as she floated around the room. Kissing cheeks and giving bear hugs.

Macie couldn't help but slightly panic at the look in his eyes.

She wanted to mention it to her husband but reframed. She didn't know if she could handle knowing that her husband and her might of ruined a high school romance. Their daughter's high school romance.

She didn't think on the thought long as Felix's uncle stepped onto the small stage in the hall of the reception and called out for the married couple. It was time for the first dance.

Felix was the first one on the dance floor and his eyes scanned the crowd, smirking when he spotted his wife. As she walked towards the dance floor, Felix's eyes moved to Marcus who Emma seemed to look back at. He was watching her with that look in his eyes that had Felix growling.

Taking Emma by the hand, he smirked down at her pretty little face. He was going to show everyone who Emma belonged too.