sleep tight, my ángel

B O N U S C H A P T E R

Marcus huffed slightly as he laid the heavy bundle in his arms, into bed. Damon sniffled lightly, turning to lay on his back and faced Marcus who sighed as he stared at Damon's wide eyes. "You can't sleep?" Marcus whispered, raising his hand to brush Damon's little baby hair from his forehead.

Damon yawned, shaking his head as he rose his hand and wrapped it around Marcus's index finger. "Sing." Damon whispered, tugging on the finger he held. Marcus smiled, "Does Abuela Maria sing you songs when you sleep over?"

Damon nodded, "I like song."

Marcus smiled, staring down at his finger that was wrapped in Damon's chubby hand. "How does it start again?"

Damon blushed slightly, giggling as he tried to whisper the first word. "Arrow."

Marcus chuckled, "Close enough." Damon giggled, watching as Marcus leaned over the bed, "Caterpillar?" Marcus asked and Damon immediately nodded, sitting up and allowing Marcus to pick him up again and lay him down on his flattened blanket.

Damon giggled louder as Marcus stuck his tongue out at him before rolling him into the blanket as if he was a caterpillar in a cocoon.

Once Damon was tucked into his blanket, Marcus laid his head onto a pillow and switched off the room's light until only the nightstand's light created light around the room.

Hearing a bark, Marcus turned to see a small bundle of fur at Damon's door. "Taco!" Damon called and the small pup immediately came running, hopping slightly with excitement as he neared Damon's Lightning McQueen bed. Once he was at the edge, he rose onto his back legs and tried to jump into the bed.

Marcus chuckled, watching the pup struggle before lifting him onto the bed where he snuggled into Damon's neck. "Ready?" Marcus asked and Damon nodded, his wide eyes starting to drop.

"Arrorró mi niño, arrorró mi amor, arrorró pedazo de mi corazón." Damon's eyes widened as Marcus started to softly sing the lullaby, trying to take in everything as he watched Marcus.

"Este niño lindo, que nació de día, quiere que lo lleve a la dulcería." Marcus smiled, running a hand over Damon's head and softly massaging the boy's head that Damon sighed, rolling onto his side to see Marcus probably.

"Este niño lindo, que nació de noche, quiere que lo lleve a pasear en coche. Duérmete mi niño, duérmete pedazo de mi corazón." Marcus softly sighed as he finished the song, his heartwarming as he watched Damon slightly smile before closing his eyes, mumbling to softly himself that Marcus leaned down, laying a kiss onto Damon's forehead. "Sleep tight, my ángel."

<><><>

Emma smiled as she leaned against her son's bedroom door, her eyes watering slightly as she watched her husband lean down and lay a soft kiss onto Damon's delicate forehead before standing up and turning towards Emma.

"You enjoy my lullaby?" Marcus whispered, nearing Emma who smiled up at him.

"I loved it." Marcus smiled, reaching up to wipe at the tears that gathered under Emma's eyes. "What's wrong, mi amor?"

Emma shook her head, "Nothing, I'm just so happy." Emma smiled, rubbing softly at Marcus's chest. "Seeing you with Damon, makes me so happy. I'm so grateful to have you here when Felix couldn't."

Marcus smiled, blinking fast so tears wouldn't come to his eyes, "Emma, I'd do anything for you and Damon. You're both everything to me."

Emma smiled, watching as Marcus rose his hand and laid it across Emma's plump stomach. "And soon, we're going to have another little someone to love and cherish." Marcus leaned down, kissing Emma's forehead before laying his against hers, "You don't know how grateful I am to be here with you, to have you pregnant with my baby. This is just where I want to be for the rest of my life."