i didn't even get to say goodbye

XLIX

Emma smiled towards her guests as she helped her grandmother into a seat at the feast Emma's parents and in-laws had thrown. "Thanks you, dear. Here's a little gift for graduating." Emma smiled, thanking her grandmother with a kiss as she took the necklace from her grandmother, who chuckled, "It suits your dress."

Emma nodded and smiled before she excused herself at the sound of the mansions downstairs telephone ringing

Emma nodded and smiled before she excused herself at the sound of the mansions downstairs telephone ringing. She gave the necklace to her mother who gasped as she looked towards the jewel before walking towards the gift section that had created itself after a few gifts. Emma straighten the material of her dress before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Emma?" Emma gasped at the sound of Maria's broken voice coming through the phone.

"What's wrong? Did something happen to Marcus?" She asked panicked as she heard Maria let out a sob.

"You have to go to the airport! I've been keeping things from him and he found out and he said he's leaving to New York."

Emma dropped the phone in shock before she raced to her room, pulling on a black coat from her closet and dashed down the stairs. Past Felix, who looked at her with concern as she raced towards the front door of her house, bursting through before racing to her car.

She was in front of the airport within ten minutes and she raced in, hoping she wasn't to late.

<><><>

"Flight to New York to board flight 057 in five minutes."

Marcus looked up from his phone that shook in his hand repeatedly. He had to call Emma but he would when he was boarding the plane, he knew she'd make him stop, make him change his mind and he need the break, the escape. He need to get away from the walls that seemed to be closing in on him.

Five minutes past just like that and he was standing up, a boarding past in his hand as he neared the gate and he looked down at his phone. He had to, picking up the phone, he dialed her number and he froze as he heard her voice screaming his name. Leaning the phone away from his ear, he looked at it confused. He didn't have to time to worry about it as the women at the desk shot him an irritated look as he kept up the line.

He moved to hand her his pass when her voice called his name again. Her voice was panicked and it had him turning around to look for her, to see her racing towards him. Her blond hair tied into a messy bun that was starting to fall as she ran around. She still looked beautiful and his world stopped as her eyes locked on his and his heart shattered at the tears flowing down her face.

She raced towards him, her arms flying around his neck as she held him tightly, everything he was keeping in came crashing down. "He isn't my dad, Emma. Some guy that left her is my dad."