god, i missed you, mi amor

LXI

Emma brought in a sharp breath as the cold liquid was smeared across her stomach. The doctor looked towards the screen of a small tv, studying a small bean like shape. Emma couldn't help but smile as she saw it. Even if the baby had been conceived in a wrong way, it was still her child. A life was still growing inside her.

She turned to Felix who looked towards the screen, his eyes darkening before he looked away. He still hadn't forgiven himself for getting Emma pregnant. She had told him that she was happy with the baby, that the baby was a blessing. A way to turn what he had done into something beautiful. But Felix couldn't see past that fact that he had burdened her with a child.

It hurt Emma that Felix was calling her child a burden but she understood. The baby would be a reminder but no matter how much it hurt her, she wasn't going to look at her baby and think 'rape'. Felix looked at her stomach as if the word was written across it bold letters.

Sometimes Emma would cry as she looked down at her stomach, remembering that night but she wouldn't blame her child for that night. She would love him or her, love it with all her heart.

The doctor smiled, standing up to shake hands with Felix. "Congratulations. You are 8 weeks along. You have a healthy two month old baby."

"Look at it's little legs." Emma smiled, wiping a tear from her eyes as Felix helped her sit up, not bothering to look towards the screen. He helped her adjusted her shirt to cover her small bump, shivering as his hands softly caressed the skin. The doctor left, saying he would be back with a picture. Felix let go of Emma and moved to pick up her bag when she called him, "Why can't you just accept this?"

Felix stopped reaching for her bag, standing up. "I do accept it, I just can't look or think of the baby without feeling this huge amount of pain, anger, guilt—"

Emma stood up, taking a hold of Felix hand and placed it on her stomach, "I know you're angry at yourself. I know you're guilty but this..." Emma placed her hand over Felix's as he relaxed and looked down at her stomach, "This is our child."

Felix sighed, bringing Emma into his arms as he kissed her forehead. Cursing in his head as Emma slowly shrunk away from his touch.

<><><>

<><><>

After Felix had dropped Emma off at the mansion on his way to work, Emma walked into the kitchen to see Olivia making dinner. Tonight, most of Emma and Felix's family would be over to hear the couple announce that another Hayden would make it's way into the world.

Felix wasn't happy about the idea of having a big event but Emma had begged him. Knowing it would make Olivia happy once she found out. Emma also wanted to surprise everyone. It was something she had always wanted to do when she would be a mother.

She promised herself that she would do everything she could to make sure that her pregnancy was special.

"How was the date?" Olivia asked. A small white lie Emma had used to go the doctor without suspicion.