feeling lost

B O N U S  C H A P T E R

Damon groaned, stretching out his sore body as he pulled his wet football jersey from his body. He huffed, throwing the sweaty shirt to the floor before looking down at the jersey. He should probably pick it up, his mother would have his ass if she found the room she had already cleaned dirty again.

Reaching to bend down, he huffed. His body to sore to reach the floor. He quickly stood straight, stretching out his muscle as he existed his room and made his way downstairs. He smiled widely, he could smell the spaghetti from the kitchen, a shower could wait.

His mother, Emma immediately looked up from the boiling pot of food once she heard footsteps leading towards the kitchen. Her whole face lighting up at the sight of him and Damon's heart warmed. He thrived in the idea of being his mother's favorite out of all her children. Emma closed the pot and waddled her way over to him. "How was practice, baby? Did you score any goals?"

Damon nodded, pulling his mother into his arms. Chuckling slightly when he felt her cringe and pinch his shoulder, "You need a shower, boy. You smell, go wash up, we'll be having super soon."

Damon rolled his eyes, "I'll go now, mom. I just want to relax for a bit."

Emma sent him a glare, smacking his arm before waddling back over towards the stove. Her gaze immediately landing on her only daughter who was glaring down at her workbook. Emma smiled, "Struggling, honey?"

Laila immediately nodded, pouting in her seat as she crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. "I don't understand, it's really hard!"

Damon snorted, walking over towards the small girl and peered over her shoulder at the small grade three sums she was struggling with. "You times that one by three." Damon whispered towards her, chuckling when she jumped in her seat and whirled around to face him. A wide smile on her face, "Damie!"

Damon smirked, "Miss me, idiot?" Damon reaches forward to ruffle her chocolate brown hair when Emma turned towards the two.

Emma scowled, "No name calling, you two."

Laila smirked, "Yeah, no name calling, Damon." Raising her hand to flatten out her hair before peering up at Damon who innocent eyes. "Wouldn't want mommy to put you in the naughty corner."

Damon stuck his tongue out at her, before twirling her around until she was facing her book, "And that's wrong, idiot." He whispered in her ear so only could she hear. Chuckling when Laila gasped loudly. Whining out a loud, "Mommy!"

Emma sighed, "Damon's just helping you out, honey. Right, Damon?"

Damon sent his mother a small smile when she narrowed her eyes at him. Damon returned his gaze back down to his little sister and smirked.

Laila pouted, hating that her oldest brother was smirking down at her. She quickly turned to Emma and pointed accusingly towards Damon, "Mommy! Damon left Alejandro at home, remember?" Damon cursed, the little devil was always getting him into trouble when he teased her or she didn't get her way. He was going to get her back, especially when she finally got herself a little boyfriend.

Emma frowned, "I almost forgot about that." She slammed her wooden mixing spoon onto the counter that Damon jumped, "Mom—" He blamed the mood swings, Damon was surprised that wooden spoon was still alive after being slammed or thrown at someone so many times.

"You promised Alejandro you'd take him with to practice this time, he was really upset when he found out you left without him. He was dressed and ready to go."

Damon sighed, hating that he had upset his younger brother. Walking around the counter, Damon leaned down and kissed his mother's forehead, "I'll speak to him." Emma sighed, breathing through her nose to calm her nerves before looking up at Damon when he patted her round belly.