there was no need for a dick pic

LIII

Felix stood in front of the plain old shop before looking towards his father who was leaning against his cane. Felix pulled at his suit sleeves before he sighed, "This isn't going to work."

Bennett rolled his eyes, "What's the first thing you give a woman when you want to ask her out."

"How would I know. The only thing I gave a girl was a dick pic, multiple organisms and a broken heart."

Bennett turned towards his son and moved to say something before chuckling and turned back towards the little shop. Choosing not to say anything. "Wrong as always. You give a woman pretty flowers."

"What flowers?"

"Roses." Bennett said with a smirk but it faltered as Felix frowned and shook his head, "No, not roses."

"Why?"

"That's Marcus and Emma's thing. When ever I think of Emma, I think of sunflowers."

Bennett smiled, satisfied, "Well done, son. See, there was no need for a dick pic."

Felix turned to his father shocked before rolling his eyes and walking towards the flower shop.

A bell rang as the door of the cute little shop opened. Ashley's mother called for her to check who it was from the front and Ashley stood, walking towards the front only to freeze at the sight of Felix looking around the little store. A bored yet concentrated expression on his face.

He had a light stubble and his green eyes seemed darker. He had definitely matured since she had last saw him. She hesitantly moved behind the counter at the front of the flower shop her mother owned. Bennett leaned against the counter, smiling towards Ashely, whose fake eyelashes batted nervously. "Hello."

Ashely faked a smile, "How can I help you?"

"My son wants to buy sunflowers for his wife. Do you have any sunflower bouquets?"

Ashley looked towards Felix who looked at each bouquet with a hard expression before he turned to his father, his eyes sweeping over Ashley as if she didn't exist. "I can't find any. I need Emma to lose her shit after seeing these flowers."

Bennett chuckled, turning towards Ashely, "Do you have? His need to impress his wife is going to make him cranky."

Ashley nodded and moved to the back of the store and looked towards the sunflower sets of flowers. Her mother was already preparing a bouquet of sunflowers before she turned to Ashley and smiled. Her mother walked past her towards the front, where she froze at the sight of Felix.

She had always said he was a bad boy for his daughter and it irritated her that he had dumped her daughter without her daughter even knowing she was dumped.

She walked towards the counter where Felix stood, his hand tapping at the wood impatiently and his eyes on his watch. He looked up at the sound of footsteps, his eyes immediately landing on the flowers. He frowned as the woman, who he has yet to look at, handed him the bouquet. He stared at it for a while before he started pulling tulips, leaving the sunflowers behind. A small smile tugged at his lips. It was plain, something Felix was in many ways. Emma would remember him when looking at it.

Felix placed the bouquet onto the counter and pulled a wallet from his dress pants, "How much?" Felix looked up at the sound of no voice and his eyebrows rose at the familiar older woman

Felix placed the bouquet onto the counter and pulled a wallet from his dress pants, "How much?" Felix looked up at the sound of no voice and his eyebrows rose at the familiar older woman. "Ms. Harries." Felix greeted before asking for the price again.

"May I ask who the flowers are for?" She asked and Bennett sighed, "His wife. The flowers are beautiful and we just ask for the price. We are in a hurry and Felix finally had a day off of work, he wishes to return home and an old man doesn't have all day to stand while you ask questions. Hurry it up."

Ms. Harries's eyes widened as she told Felix the price before clutching the money Felix had now handed her. Felix turned around, not bothering to thank the woman as he got into his car and called towards his father. "Come on, dad. We don't have all day, Emma is at home alone!"

Bennett rolled his eyes, stepping into the car before smiling towards his son, "They're beautiful, Felix."

Felix nodded, not bothering to thank his dad either.

<><><>

Felix nervously pulled at the collar of his shirt as he turned to his dad who gave him a thumbs up before telling his driver to pull out of the mansion. Olivia giggled from inside of car as she waved towards her son. She had sneaked out of the back to avoid Emma asking where she was going.

Felix waited until the gate had closed before he rang the bell of his own house and he pulled a smile onto his lips as the door opened and Emma looked at him confused. "What are you doing out front?" Emma looked out around the house before looking back towards Felix, "Why did you ring the bell? Did you forget your keys in our bedroom?" Emma's eyes locked on the flowers in his hands and crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes at her husband, "What are you up to?"

Felix stared at her wide-eyed before he cleared his throat, "I'm taking you out on a date."

Emma narrowed her eyes further, "Okay... why?"

Felix looked up at the sky before smiling towards Emma, "To thank you for surprising me for my birthday and for being on the cover of that magazine with me."

Emma nodded her head, "And this is you being romantic?"

Felix rolled his eyes, "Just take the fucking flowers and carry your pretty little ass up to our room and put on something warm so we can go on this date. We don't have all fucking day."

Emma rolled her eyes but she couldn't help the small smile as she took the sunflowers from his hands and hurried up to their room. She sniffed at the flowers and smiled, placing them on her vanity before she walked into her closet.

She pulled on a pair of fishnet stockings and a pair of black boots before she softly brushed her hair, causing her blonde hair to fall into soft waves and she smiled

She pulled on a pair of fishnet stockings and a pair of black boots before she softly brushed her hair, causing her blonde hair to fall into soft waves and she smiled. Placing on a light layer of strawberry lip gloss and mascara.

When she was satisfied, she jogged downstairs and smiled towards Felix who immediately wrapped his arms around Emma's waist and smirked as Emma sent him a glare. "You look...."

Emma huffed, "You look... nice."

Felix chuckled, shaking his head before he opened Emma's door and smiled down at her, "You look beautiful." He whispered towards her and laid a kiss on her cheek before shutting her door.

Emma looked at him confused through the tinted window before she sighed, choosing to ignore Felix's affectionate attitude.

<><><>

Nothing special, only a small chapter

Enjoy reading ❤️