i ain't a lanky kid no more

XLV

Emma giggled as Marcus licked ice-cream from her nose, "You look different." Marcus suddenly told her as he leant back and saw her smiling at him.

Emma rolled her eyes, "Of course, I do. I just had sex."

Marcus's eyes snapped to hers and he rose an eyebrow, "You're very blunt about it."

Emma giggled, "Are you surprised by it?"

Marcus nodded his head as he looked outside of the car window. After sending another couple of hours in bed, Marcus and Emma had taken a dip in the lake before packing their things and loading it into the car. Olivia had asked her to come back from the lake house early as she wanted to do some graduation shopping. Felix also called earlier on, saying he would be home in a few hours.

Emma found it weird that he called her but Felix had been very touchy and couple-like after Bennett returning. Emma assumed it was him trying to please his father.

On the way back, the couple stopped for ice-cream before getting back on the road. Maria had called on their way home, informing them that Marcus's grandparents were staying over and they expected him home soon.

"Emma?"

"Mmm?" Emma replied as she licked at the ice-cream as it started dripping down the cone.

Marcus took a deep breath, he had to tell her. It could be easy, 'I got a scholarship.' Four simple words that could easily past his lips but his tongue wouldn't move. He clenched his jaw and sighed, Emma looked so happy as she looked over at him with a smile.

Marcus didn't know if he could take that happy mode away. He'd tell her later, he promised himself he would.

But then again, he didn't have luck with promises.

<><><>

Emma sighed as she pushed open the door of the Hayden mansion and walked into her kitchen, pulling milk from the fridge she laid it down on the table and pulled a box of cookies from a shelf. She groaned, sitting down at the table and eating quickly at the luxuries.

The carton of milk and box of cookies were almost finished when Emma heard laughter coming from the hallway. She was about to make a run for it when she saw Mary and Olivia come around the corner. "Emma! You're home?"

The two seemed to have come back from the mall. Emma looked towards Mary before nodding, "I would have been home later but Marcus's parents were expecting him."

Olivia smiled, though she wanted to frown. That Marcus boy still didn't settle well in her stomach when Emma mentioned him. Mary's head snapped up at the mention of the name and watched the girl she had seen a night before. Olivia turned to Mary, "I'm surprised you didn't see Mary, Emma. Mary said she saw you at a party."

Emma froze in her chair, cookie freezing it's way to her lips. Olivia frowned, "You're eating a lot, Emma, more then usual."

Emma shrugged as she looked towards Mary, "I... I just had a feeling for cookies."

"Cravings?" Mary asked and Emma's gulped as she thought of what craving could lead too. She was expecting her period soon, there was no need to worry.

Emma giggled to hide her nervousness, "Wait... Mary was at a beach party?"

Olivia nodded, "Said she saw you with... I assume with Marcus. She said you with a boy."