treat me like a princess and i'll stay with you forever

XXII

Emma giggled as Marcus leaned over again and kissed her cheek. They were still on there way towards Debbie's diner and every chance Marcus got, he would lean over and lay a kiss on Emma's cheek. Emma smiled towards him as she turned the radio up.

"Marcus?"

He looked towards her, "Do you have something on your mind? What is it?"

"Nothing really, I'm just worried about Beckie but I'm worried about us."

The truck jerked forward as Marcus froze in shook. Had he done something wrong? Was he too close? To affectionate? He bit his lip to stop himself from crying. All his life, Emma had been a sure thing. Maybe not in the romance part, but the part where him and her would always be okay.

Noticing the sudden move in the atmosphere, Emma quickly took Marcus hand and kissed it. "No, Marcus. I'm worried about us being together. I can't just lead you—"

Marcus shook his head as a light smile came across his face. He didn't reply as he pulled into the parking space in front of the diner. He turned to Emma after putting the truck off. He took both of her hands in his and pulled her closer towards him. "I don't know where you get this stupid idea that we can't be together."

"Marcus, I'm married."

"Oh." Marcus frowned. He had been so happy these past few days with Emma. He had forgotten he was with a married women. "I know that, Emma but..."

"But what?" Emma asked, suddenly nervous that bringing up her marriage status would effect Marcus feelings on being with her.

"But I'm in love with you, Emma and if I can't be with you tomorrow or in a week. Then I'm going to be with you now and in this short time. I'm going to show you how much love you because I might not be able to later."

Emma sucked in a breath and before she could reply, Marcus leant over and pulled his hands from in between Emma. He cupped her face, bring her closer and he laid his warm lips against Emma's soft ones.

Emma had never understood why Marcus's kiss seemed to lost forever yet also, ended so quickly. It seemed as if being with him was so limited, that she had to make everything last forever. His kisses. His hugs. Even the smirk he had when ever they stopped kissing. The first time he had kissed her, it was like a spell. Nothing mattered when Marcus kissed her. Not the mosey eyes or the judging stares. Not even the hurtful words of a husband.

When Marcus's arms were around her, she felt protected. It was weird to her, knowing that his arms couldn't do much to protect her while he was gone but just being in them for a second. Reminded her that he was there, that he loved her even when she hadn't fallen for him yet. Reminded her that he loved her, even when she loved another. Reminded her that he sacrificed his choice to be with any women, just to be with her.

<><><>

Emma smiled as Marcus handed her one of the menus a waiter had handed him. He smirked towards her as he leant towards her. He had enjoyed the look of surprise that crossed Emma's face when he had sat next to her instead of across. His hand was on her thigh, the other on the table a top hers. "What you having?"

"What I always have."

Marcus frowned, "I wanted to take you out somewhere fancy but—"

Marcus was interrupted as soft lips covered his. Before he could react, Emma leaned away from him and smiled at him. Laying her free hand on his cheek as she smiled at him, a smile that had his heart beating a hundred times a second. "This is one of my favorite places in this town, Marcus. I love this place and being with you here, is perfect. You don't have to worry about impressing me or taking me to fancy places, Marcus."

Marcus sighed, "But I want to treat you out. This feels like a normal after school day."

Emma pulled away from Marcus, "This doesn't feel like an after school day to me, Marcus. You asked me out on a date and—"

"Shit! No, Emma. This is important to me, I just feel like I'm not doing good enough."

Emma glared towards Marcus as she pulled his face towards her and moved towards his ear, "You treat me like a princess and I'll stay with you forever, okay?"

Marcus shuddered as he nodded and his eyes slipped close as Emma laid a kiss on his neck. Emma felt his hand tightened on her thigh as she naughtily bit his neck and laid a kiss on the red spot. She pulled away shyly and as he moved to kiss her. He was interrupted by someone clearing there throat. Looking behind them, Emma and Marcus's eyes widened as they looked towards the person that stood in front of them.

Felix jaw clenched as he looked towards his wife and Marcus together at their table. Ashley tugged at his arm, "Why are we sitting with them?"

Felix looked towards her, "Catching up with old friends."

Ashley looked at him weirdly as he moved towards the table. She moved to whine but Felix glared at her. She shut up as she moved to sit next to him and looked across her to see Marcus. She smiled at him while he stared at her wide eyed. Ashley smirked, he was actually cute and she moved to raise her leg to touch his.

He flinched, jumping away from her until he was right next to Emma. Her one leg was over his and he held her close as he looked towards her. She was glaring at Felix. "What are you doing here?"

Felix smirked, "We can have a double date, can't we?"

"No, we can not. This was mine and Marcus...alone time." Emma hissed towards her husband.

"Ashley wouldn't mind, right?" Felix turned to Ashley who was smiling towards Marcus. Emma noticed and hissed towards Ashley. Kicking her foot up that it hit Ashley, and the girl gasped. "Stop looking at my boyfriend."

Emma's eyes suddenly widened, Marcus smirked as he looked towards Emma while Felix's jaw clenched. Marcus leaned in, sucked on Emma's ear lobe before he whispered into her ear, "So... I'm your boyfriend?"

Emma blushed, Marcus hasn't popped the question yet.