felix... what's going on?

LXXI

Emma smiled softly as she looked down at Damon who softly snored as he slept. But her smile faded as she looked across her bed to see Felix gone.

It's been two months since they've been back from the hospital and Felix had started distancing himself from his wife and son and this confused Emma. He had been so excited when Emma and Damon could return home. He had surprised Emma with a baby room where she had everything she had asked for. It was in blue, white and grey.

Damon's name had even been painted across the wall.

Emma sighed, laying a pillow on each side of her son before she moved towards the bathroom. Keeping the door open as she leaned forward on the toilet to watch him. After existing the bathroom, she moved to pick Damon up to get him ready for the day when her cellphone started ringing.

Emma sighed, deciding to let Damon sleep longer as she picked her phone up from her nightstand, "Hello?"

"Emma!" Beckie's voice sounded panicked.

Emma frowned,"What's wrong?" Emma asked as she herself started to panic.

"I can't tell you over the phone but you need to get to my house ASAP."

Emma nodded, "Okay, I'll come over as soon as I'm done getting Damon ready for Oli—"

"No! Bring him with, I want come cuteness in my life."

Emma giggled as she heard Pete shouted from the background. The two had come back from their honeymoon a month ago. Emma smiled as she walked towards her bed and looked down at Damon who was now staring at her, his fist placed into his mouth as he lightly kicked his feet. Emma cooed towards him, "You're such a morning person." Emma giggled as Damon started to smile since he wasn't old enough to laugh yet. Emma had done everything to make him laugh but all he did was give her a straight face.

His eye color was starting to lighten but it was still brown. His hair was still it's light platinum blonde hair but he was picking up weight fast. Emma leaned over the bed, picked him up and walked him out of her bedroom towards the baby room that was connected to it.

Damon had been restless the night and wouldn't sleep without laying against someone's chest. Felix had been the perfect bed for the night. Emma laid him down on a mattress and changed his diaper before carrying him to a small bath that was installed into her large on. She softly sprayed the water over his body and kissed his forehead as he started to wail.

"Mommy's almost done." Emma lifted him from the tub and quickly changed him into a grey onesie and a pulled a small grey jersey over to keep him extra warm. And pulled on a pair of elephant shaped shoes and pulled a grey binnie over his little head.

Picked him up, she laid him down in a car seat that could be used to carry him around. She buckled him up and laid him in front of the closet, placing a pacifier in his mouth before she got dressed.