you are acting as real husband and wife

XXIV

Marcus parked outside of the Hayden mansion as he helped her open the door of his truck. He took a hold of her waist as he lowered her down to the ground. It was an hour before the sun would set, just time for dinner and Emma was relieved. Even if she didn't talk much to Felix, she still had to share a room with him.

When they arrived in front of the mansion's gate, Emma got up onto the tips of her toes and laid a kiss on his cheek. Marcus smiled towards her and he cupped her face. Leaning down to kiss her, he pecked her lips and sighed. He leaned away and smiled towards her again, "I was thinking about what you accidentally said earlier."

Emma blushed and looked towards the ground but Marcus took a hold of her chin and brought her face up to look towards him, "Were you jealous?"

Emma pouted, nodding her head.

"I'm in love with you, Emma. You don't have to worry about other girls." Emma smiled towards him but he spoke over her, "I know it won't last long but... will you be my girlfriend? Even if it's just for a little while?"

Emma nodded and brought her arms around his neck and brought her lips to his. Marcus chuckled, wrapping his arms around Emma's waist and deepened the kiss.

<><><>

"Oh, darling! There you are!" Olivia called out as she heard the front door shut and Emma walk through the door. Felix had arrived home in a sour mood, stating that him and his wife had had an argument in the diner. Yet, Emma had a wide smile on her face. A sign that she was clearly happy on how the day had gone.

Olivia smiled, "Had you and Felix worked things out?"

"What?" Emma asked confused.

"Felix came home about two hours ago saying you and him had a fight. Have you worked things out? You're in a good mood."

"Oh! Yes, we worked things out. It was a small fight." Emma smiled a fake smile before she said she was going to get ready for tonight and hurried upstairs to her room. Felix laid on the bed, his arm was thrown over his face.

Emma moved to sneak past when she heard shuffling on the bed and turned to see him looking towards her. "Get ready."

Emma nodded and moved to go to the shower when Felix called towards her, "Chose something for me to wear."

"Why?" Emma asked as she pulled out the earrings she was wearing and laid them down in her jewelry box. She pushed off her shoes and turned to Felix as she undid the belt around her waist.

"Because Mom wants me to wear a suit and I hate them. Just choice one for me?"

Emma sighed and walked towards his closet, she walked into it and turned on the lights to the closet they shared. Felix hated that it wasn't black but Emma was the wife, everything she said was right. She pulled a blazer from a shelf and stared at it. She sighed, picking up a dress pants and shirt and handed it towards Felix who waited at the door of the closet. She pointed at dress shoes and walked towards her side of the closet. Choosing a dress in one of Mr. Hayden's favorite colours. She handed it to Harold, who had come when she called. She politely asked him to steam it for her and she walked into the shower.

<><><>

Olivia smiled as she saw her son walking down the stairs. He looked handsome in his fancy wear, it was causal and Olivia smiled as he son told her, "Emma picked it out."