tell felix not to keep you out late

XXI

Emma ran towards the exit door of the school as the last bell rang. It was finally time for her and Marcus's date. Sure, they had gone on many before coming back to school but they hadn't gone out anywhere where Marcus promised to sing her a song. She wasn't going to give up this opportunity because she was late. Bursting through the doors, she smiled as she saw Marcus leaning against his truck waiting for her. He smiled as he saw her and opened his arms as she ran into them.

They had last seen each other in the cafeteria and Emma couldn't help but feel clingy as she thought of how much she missed him. "Time for our date?"

"Can you drop me off at Felix's first? I want to change into something that doesn't smell of school and sweat."

Marcus nodded his head as he opened the passenger side of his truck as he got into the driver seat he said, "I have to fill the truck anyway."

Emma nodded as Marcus pulled out of the parking space, he smiled towards Emma but it faltered slightly as he saw Felix glaring at him as he drove past him and his car. Emma moved to the middle of the seat and laid her hand a top of Marcus thigh and rose an eyebrow. He shook his head, telling her it was nothing as he rethinks going to the Hayden mansion.

<><><>

"Hey. It's Emma." Emma said as she spoke into the speaker attached to the gate of the Hayden mansion. The gate slowly opened and Marcus pulled in, "I'll be right down." Emma told him as she quickly pecked his lips and looked around shyly before she hopped out of the truck and moved towards the doors of the mansion.

She stopped as she saw the butler, Olivia had assigned to her at the door. "Harold!" She called and smiled as he snapped his head towards her. He was still young, he looked to be in his late twenties. His mother was the cook of the house. He smiled towards her as he straightened his bow tie. "Yes, Madam?"

Emma rolled her eyes, "Stop calling me madam, Harold. You can call me Emma."

"But Mr. Hayden—"

"When Felix isn't around you call me Emma, okay?"

"Yes, Mad— Emma."

"Where is Felix anyway?"

"He has not returned yet."

Emma nodded her head, "My friend Marcus will be picking me up in a few minutes. Please do tell the guards to let him in." As soon as Harold nodded, she hurried up the stairs to her bedroom. Smiling at the fact that Felix isn't home, she got undressed and hurried to the shower.

Quickly wrapping a towel around her, she pulled out a simple outfit and pulled on a pair of adidas superstar sneakers. She picked up a perfume bottle, doing a few puffs.

She brushed out her long blond hair that had curled more from the steam and water of the shower

She brushed out her long blond hair that had curled more from the steam and water of the shower. She pulled it into a high ponytail and rushed out of her room and down the stairs towards the door. Olivia had just come from the hallway and smiled as she saw her daughter-in-law. "Oh! Emma?"

Emma froze at the door as she slowly turned towards her mother-in-law. "Mrs. Hayden?"

Olivia laughed, "It's like you talking in the third person, Emma. Call me Olivia."

Emma nodded as her Olivia caught up to her, "Are you going out?" She asked. Emma bit her lip as she nervously nodded.

"Yes, I'm going with a few friends to Debbie's diner."

"Okay, see you at dinner. Tell Felix not to keep you out late."

Emma opened her mouth to say she wouldn't see him but then closed her mouth, nodded her head and walked out of the door after saying goodbye. Marcus was parked in front of the fountain in the middle of the entrance of the Hayden mansion. He was padding his thumbs on the steering of his car when the two huge wooden doors of the mansion opened and his thumbs froze. His jaw dropped to the floor as he watched Emma run towards his truck. Her skin had a golden glow to it, it looked as if she had glitter on her. Probably from the lotion she had been putting on since the sixth grade when she learnt they had glitter in it.

He hadn't expected she'd look that good. His jaw was still at the bottom of his truck floor as she closed the door of her truck and pushed down the flap at the top of the car. She leaned up and kissed his cheek, his eyes widened slightly and he inhaled deeply, the scent of her perfume causing him to purr. He had remembered buying her the exact perfume in the forth grade. She bought the same perfume ever since.

She smiled at him as she leaned away and Marcus smirked as he started to pull out from the mansion.

Olivia frowned as she looked towards the boy who drove the truck. She had seen the boy at the wedding, Macie had said it was a mere friend that had been at her daughter's side since they stared elementary school. Olivia didn't like the Hispanic boy, that smirk he wore when ever Olivia saw him. His brown eyes might have been cute when it twinkled but it twinkled for the wrong reason. It twinkled for Olivia's daughter-in-law.

Olivia sighed as she closed the door of the mansion and moved to the kitchen. She pulled out a pan and walked towards the fridge.

Tonight, she wanted to see her husband.

With her son and his wife.

<><><>