i'm not falling for her, i don't fall

XXXIX

After the words had left Felix's mouth, he had stormed off. Bennett tried to hide a smile as he excused himself from the table and Emma stared into space confused. She was really hungry, so she ignored it and called for Harold to bring her food. Joseph chuckled as his mother gasped as a hamburger was placed in front of Emma.

"Can I have one?" He asked the women next to him and her blue eyes snapped up to meet his. She smiled and waved to Harold, "One more?"

Harold nodded his head and returned with another hamburger, this time with double patties And Joseph smirked as the butler set it down in front of him. Emma smiled towards Harold as he left.

Mary glared towards her son while her husband itched to ask for one as well.

<><><>

Bennett walked slowly up the stairs towards his son's bedroom and knocked on the door and pushed it open slowly to see Felix roughly packing his suitcases. "Felix."

Felix's head snapped up at the sound of his father and he sighed. He sat down on the bed and laid his head in his hands. "What's happening to me?"

"I'd say you're falling for her or you're attracted to her."

Felix sighed and sat up, leaning his chin in the palm of his hand as his elbow dug into his thigh. He scoffed, "I'm not falling for her, I don't fall."

"You get jealous easily."

"Because she's mine!" Felix groaned loudly as his father chuckled.

"It's okay, son. We can talk more about it when we're on the plane. We have to leave now anyway." Felix nodded and zipped his suitcase closed before pulling it out of his room as he followed his father. At the bottom of the staircase, Felix laid his suitcase next to his father's, who had Harold carrying it towards their car.

Bennett might be out of hospital but he was still weak.

Returning to the hall, Bennett chuckled as he saw Emma wiggling in her seat as she eat her fries. She had done it as a child as well, she'd dance while she eat. Especially when the food was good.

Hearing someone enter, Emma looked up to see Bennett smiling at her. Felix stood behind him but he ignored eye contact. "We'll be leaving. It was nice seeing you again, Mary." Bennett's eyes moved to Alice and he couldn't help but bite his lips as he held back laughter. "Emma, will you be accompanying us? My wife will stay to tend to her sister."

Emma stood, "Why don't your change out of your suits. You'll be conformable during the flight."

Bennett smiled towards her, "You two go ahead and get dressed. I have to get to the airport."

Emma nodded, taking one last bite from her bigger and smiled towards everyone and walked towards Bennett and Felix. Bennett kissed his wife goodbye before heading for the garage. Emma exited the eating hall and Felix followed behind her as they walked up the staircase to their room.

They both walked into their closet and Emma tilted her head to the side as she thought of something to wear. Wanting to be sexy and on the wide side, Emma pulled something from a shelf.

Keeping her hair in the messy bun, she walked out of her closet to see Felix had traded his suit for a grey pair of sweatpants and and a white t-shirt

Keeping her hair in the messy bun, she walked out of her closet to see Felix had traded his suit for a grey pair of sweatpants and and a white t-shirt. Felix stared at her to long as she stepped out from the closet and he wouldn't if she knew she would be returning home, he looked towards his phone with a clenched jaw. He pulled his earphones from a draw, rolled them up and pushed them into his pocket. "Ready?"

Emma nodded, "Taking my car?"

Felix bit his lip, wanting take a driver with in one of his cars to make sure Emma came home but decided to let it be and nodded his head. "Whatever, let's just get to the airport. I don't like that my dad went alone."

Emma nodded, and walked out their room. Happy that she had packed her bag earlier and left it in her car. She walked down the stairs carefully, worried that Felix would ask questions on why she was so in a hurry to leave.

She turned back to see Felix following behind her, watching her every move.

<><><>

Once they were in the car and on their way towards the airport, Emma turned to Felix who was looking out of his window. "About what you said earlier—"

"Just forget it Emma, don't get all happy. I said it to make that Annie girl stop touching me."

Emma rolled her eyes, "Her name is Alice and I wasn't all happy about it. I just wanted to know—"

"There's nothing to know." Felix said cutting her off of any further communication and Emma shut her mouth and concentrated on the road. She had mentioned to Olivia she was going out with Beckie the entire weekend so she didn't have to return home.

<><><>

Marcus left his bags behind his bedroom door as he walked downstairs to see the neighbors sitting at the dining table. Junior and Maria were laughing along with Nina and her parents. Seeing Marcus, they turned to him. "Hey, I didn't know guests were coming."

Maria stood up, "I didn't brother telling you since you were going out with Emma this weekend."

Marcus had told his parents about Emma being arranged to Felix and he also told them about their due date on Monday for graduation. Maria had agreed to allow them to see each other as long as they break up on Monday.

Marcus waved towards his guests while Nina sat at the table dumbfounded on why Marcus was still with Emma. Last she remembered was that the girl was married. "Emma? Emma Harper?"

Nina held back the urge to say Emma Hayden.

Marcus nodded his head, "I've been friends with her since the second grade."

Nina's father, Gabriel turned to the young boy shocked. "I'm surprised the rich girl hangs out with 'us' folks."

Marcus frowned, he always worried that his status would affect him and Emma's relationship but she had told him once that she had all the money in the world that him not having much didn't bother her. She liked who he was, she liked that he was so generous and caring even with having so little money.

Junior chuckled, "The girl doesn't just hang out with him, she's his girl."

Marcus smiled as he heard his father call Emma his girl.

"I heard a Hayden boy was around here too." Gabriel said turning to Junior.

Before anyone could say anything, there was a knock at the door and Marcus rushed to it. Causing his father to laugh under his breath. Marcus's arms dropped to his side as he saw Emma standing at the door. She smiled towards him shyly as she tugged at the ends of her jacket nervously and she gasped as he pulled her into the house and laid her softly against the wall. He stared down at her, light makeup decorated her face and even if he thought she looked pretty without makeup. She still looked gorgeous.

He leaned down and kissed her softly, bringing a soft smile from both of them as they leaned away. Marcus took her hand and pulled her towards the kitchen, where he picked up his bags. "I'll be off." Marcus said and moved to leave but Emma giggled. Pushing lightly on his arm.

Maria smiled toward Emma who was to scared to make eye contact, she didn't know how Marcus's parents saw her after knowing she was married. "This is Emma, Emma, these are our neighbors."

Emma waved lightly before she announced it would be a long drive and it was almost dark outside. She waved good bye to everybody before following Marcus out of the door.

Nina's mom sighed, "She's a pretty little thing."

Maria nodded and smiled as Nina's mom added, "Their babies would be perfect." Maria laughed and sighed, hoping she'd get to see the day Emma and Marcus would be together.