happy birthday

LI

Felix pulled his suitcase from his hotel room and handed it towards one of the hotel workers

Felix pulled his suitcase from his hotel room and handed it towards one of the hotel workers. He pulled his sunglasses from his pocket, slipping them on as he made his way into an elevator. He scratched at the little stubble that started growing as he sighed. He hated being away from home, especially when he knew Emma was alone.

He'd been worried about her at night ever since Marcus left it. She'd fall asleep crying and wake up dreaming that what really happened was a nightmare. It hurt him to see her so hurt over Marcus but he tried to be there for her. Holding her when she cried and holding her during his sleep, even when she sometimes called him Marcus when he kissed her cheeks.

The three years had been down heel and up heel, after the first year. He fully accepted that he was falling for Emma and that his heart didn't beat fast because his heart was acting up. It beat fast because he was with Emma. Because he was thinking of Emma. The second year went up heel, Emma started warming up to him. Accepting his hugs and his small signs of affection and not pushing him way. The third year, it was up and down.

He had to go on more business deals and Emma was alone at home. Alone in their bed as she thought of Marcus. He couldn't wait to get home, he knew when he held her. She didn't think much of it but to him, it was the things he looked forward to after being at work for hours.

He just needed her to know that he loved her. Even if she didn't love him return, Emma had to know he cared. He had to tell her that he was sorry for hurting her all those years ago. He had to tell her all his life had been mistake but with her, he knew he did something right. He knew that not all his life had been one big fuck up.

<><><>

Felix frowned as he looked around the airport to see no signs of welcoming. Usually Emma would hold a sign up over her head, a plate of home made food in her hands with a big smile on her face as she waved towards him. He ignored the crushed feeling as his eyes landed on a male, who was holding a white page, printed 'HAYDEN' across it. He walked towards the man that nodded towards him before he was handed a tux.

"What's this?" Felix asked as he took the tux.

The man placed the white page in his pocket and pointed towards a male bathroom. "Your wife asked me to tell you to change into this."

Felix rose his eyebrows as a smirk took over his face. Maybe Emma didn't forget his birthday, he was upset to find his phone empty of calls when he woke up. Maybe they didn't forget his 21st birthday.

Felix walked towards the bathroom to slip into the tux.

Once he was dressed, Felix exited the bathroom and walked towards the male who nodded towards him again before he was walking towards the exit of the airport towards a limousine that had Felix's eyebrows raising

He smirked lightly as he thought of what Emma had in stored for him.

<><><>

Felix pushed open the door of the mansion to have his heart drop at the sight of no one. Not a sound was heard as he looked around, he dropped his suit case at the door and moved to walk towards his bedroom when the sound of heels echoed across the dead silence. Felix slowly turned around and froze, his eyes scanning the women's body from head to toe.

 Felix slowly turned around and froze, his eyes scanning the women's body from head to toe

She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

She smiled towards him, teasing him as her foot steps slowly approached him until she stood right in front of him. "Happy Birthday." She whispered in that voice that could bring him to his knees. He turned his body towards hers as she slipped her fingers into his.

She guided him towards the ballroom of his mansion before she softly pushed at the doors of the ballroom, revealing it decorated from head to toe in a style he knew only his wife would decorate. He looked down towards the woman at his side as she gazed up at him, "Happy Birthday." She said again, whispering in his ear as Felix looked towards his friends and family. Smiling towards him.

Felix turned to her, "You're— I thought you forgot."

"Like I'd forget your birthday." She teased causing Felix to smirk, pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you so much, Emma." He wanted to thank her for so much more but he held back as he let go of her and walked into the ballroom. Emma at his side.

Felix greeted everyone before he was pulled into a hug from his mother who kissed his cheek and cupped his face, "God, you had just graduated the other day."

Felix laughed, feeling as if the years had passed with in seconds. He received a hug from his father who patted his lower back from his wheelchair. Bennett had gotten weaker over the years and before he died, he intended on having something from his son.

And he wouldn't give up asking for it until he had it.

<><><>

Felix watched Emma from the corner of his eyes as his grandmother spoke on and on about how Felix look so much like his father when he was that age. Emma held a wine glass in a hand, a soft smile on her lips as she whispered towards Beckie, who had arrived an hour ago. Hand in hand with her boyfriend, Pete.

Alex sat across from Alex, trying to flirt with one of Felix's younger cousins. It was failing miserably. Emma looked around her group and couldn't help but feel that something was missing. She promised herself she wouldn't bring herself down missing Marcus, but she couldn't help it.

She was brought out of her thoughts as Felix's grandmother said something that had her paling and her head snapping towards the older woman direction.

"I think it's time to bring me great-grandchildren."