i hate reading

XXVIII

After spending the entire lunch period under a tree with Marcus. Emma had to head over to the library where she was going to help her husband pass English and graduate. She kissed Marcus's cheek goodbye and was reluctant to leave.

As she walked towards the library, an idea popped into her head and she jumped up. Starting to jog towards the library and sighed as she saw no sign of Felix. Throwing her books on the table, she sat down and tapped her fingers against the table waiting for her husband.

It had been ten minutes and as she was about to get up and leave. The door burst open and Felix walked in slowly. He kept his head low, as if he was afraid people would notice him. Emma stood up, waving her hand around as she shouted, "Felix! Over here!"

Felix looked up as people who were in the library looked up at the noice. Felix rushed towards Emma, a glare set on her as she smirked. "Why are you so late?"

"Why are you so loud?"

Emma rolled her eyes, "Your teacher said you struggle in the literature part of English."

Felix leaned back in his car, "I hate reading."

Emma looked at him confused, "Well, that's stupid."

Felix glare at his wife, "How if it stupid?" He asked. His voice raising without his intention.

"You're going to be a business man. You'll be sitting in an office for the rest of your life reading papers."

Felix shoulders slumber, "But I don't understand Shakespeare's language!"

Emma giggled, "I'll help you."

Emma pulled out her copy of Macbeth and stood up, setting herself down next to Felix. He smirked and moved to help her move closer but she nudged him away. "Okay. Read the first character's line."

Felix groaned, leaning forward as he looked towards the old book. "Umm... When shall we three meet again? In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"

Emma nodded, "Do you know that that means?"

"We don't have all day, Emma! Just tell me what the fuck it means and I'll write it in my test."

Emma rolled her eyes, "It means, When should the three of us meet again? Will it be in thunder, lightning or rain?"

Felix nodded, "Oh."

"Read the next line." Emma told him as she listened to him. She was leaning in close, and Felix struggled to concentrate as he looked down at the words of the book. 

<><><>

"That's perfect. You'll ace the test if you listened."

Felix smiled, nodding his head but he wasn't to confident. He was about to stand when Emma called him. Standing with him as they exited the library. "I was hoping you'd—"

"What?" Felix asked impatient.

"I was wondering if it would be okay to bring friends along to the beach. Owen said he'll be bring one of his 'mates' and I wanted to know if I could bring—"

"Marcus." Felix growled out but Emma quickly spoke over him.

"Yes! And Beckie and Pete. You can bring Alex if you want."

Felix sighed as Emma gave him the puppy dog eyes. She smiled, and quickly hugged him. As if she couldn't control herself. Felix froze and looked towards her wide eyed before he slowly brought his arms around her. He hugged her tight, eyes close. Inhaling her scent, he didn't know when last he had ever been given one of Emma's bear hugs. He almost forget what it felt like but he always remember it was filled with love.

He opened his eyes to see Aiden and Dave walk past. Dave glared towards Felix while Aiden smirked and looked towards the floor. Shaking his head as he chuckled to himself.

What is he up too? Felix thought as Emma finally let go of him and followed his gaze.

<><><>

Emma hurried down the stairs of her school as she saw her friends standing in front of Felix car. Felix was leaning against it while Alex spoke to him. Marcus was standing near the group, his arms folded as he glared at Felix. Beckie was talking to Pete who had his hands hooked into the straps of his bag as he smiled. His eyes glowing as he stared down at Beckie.

Emma smiled as she ran up to them, "Hey!"

"Why did you want to meet us here?" Beckie asked as she looked towards Felix and her eyes widened as a gesture that she was scared. Felix pushed off of the hood of his car and stood next to Emma. Marcus glared at him but his face softened as Emma walked towards him.

"Why don't we go out today?"

Pete bit his lip, he didn't really like being out of his house if it didn't involve school, a library or a gaming store. Beckie smiled, putting her hand on his arm, "Yes! We'll come!"

Marcus rose his eyebrow, "Where?"

"Mr. Hayden wanted to see the beach today and my parents are coming along. It would be fun!"

Marcus rose an eyebrow at Emma and she shook her head, telling him that she'll talk to him later and turned to her friends who agreed to tag along.

Felix sighed, "We'll meet at the beach. Emma can send the address to meet at and you can follow from there. It's out of town."

Beckie nodded but suddenly frowned, "But why is Mr. and Mrs. Harper coming? I thought they were out of town for business."

Emma eyes widened, "They came home early since they heard Mr. Hayden was returning home."

Beckie nodded but she still had a frown on her face, "If you're with Marcus, why are you going with Felix?"

Felix rolled his eyes, "Quit with the questions, will you? She's coming with me because her shit it at my house and Marcus needs to fetch his shit."

Alex glared towards his best friend while Emma smiled, lighting up the mood. "Since things are clear, let's go!"

Felix moved to get in the car when he saw Marcus reach for Emma. "I don't like this, Emma."

Emma sighed, stood on her toes and kissed Marcus's cheek. "I'll see you there?"

Marcus clenched his jaw, nodding his head as he kissed Emma's forehead and turned to get to his truck. Emma stared at him before Felix called for her. Emma looked at him confused, "Why are you in the car?"

"We're leaving?"

"You have a make up test in five minutes!"

Felix eyes widened and he jumped from the car and ran towards the school entrance, shouting over his shoulder that Emma had to wait for him.