i was busy looking at him, not the weight on his arm

LXXXVIII

Emma looked up at Marcus shocked, her eyes wide and her jaw hanging open. She gulped, laughing nervously, "I just heard the craziest thing."

Marcus rose an eyebrow, taking a hold of Emma's hand and slowly raising it to his lips, "I'm serious, Emma. I love you, with everything that I am and I want to the spend the rest of my life with you. I want to stand up in front of everyone important to us and confess my love to you, over and over and over. Because I would never get tired of reminding you that you're everything to me. We're here, with the people that's most important to us and the only thing missing is my ring on your finger."

Emma looked down at her hand that was enveloped in Marcus's and slowly pulled it from his hand. It shook and she quickly brought it to her chest, "You're serious, right?" Emma's voice shook, her eyes watering as Marcus took her hand again.

"I want nothing more then to make you my wife." Lifting Emma from his lap, Marcus slowly got down onto one knee. Gazing up at Emma who sat down on the couch, staring down at him with wide watery eyes.

Noticing movement, Beckie looked up only to gasp loudly at the sight of Marcus and Emma. She quickly tugged on Pete's sleeve and Macie's who turned towards where she was looking. Their eyes widened and everything went deadly silent as everyone's attention turned to the couple.

Alex trailed off from his song, pouting at not having the attention he wanted before smiling as he saw Marcus on his knee.

"Emma Harper, since I meet you I've wanted nothing more then to spend the rest of my life you and I never thought it was possible. And then you returned my feeling and life was simply perfect but things got in the way. But no matter what, I always found my back to you. And I want to spend the rest of my life, with you and Damon and the little ones we'll make in the future. So, will you pretty please be my wife?"

Emma chuckled, raising her shaking hand and nodding rapidly. Marcus smiled, pulling the ring that he always kept on him from his wallet. Before guiding it onto her finger, his fingers starting to shake at well.

Damon smiled, rubbing up to his mother and Marcus who had pulled Emma into a hug. His lips kissing her head over and over as he whispered how much he loved her into her ear.

"Yay!" Damon called out, throwing himself onto Emma who chuckled and pulled her son into her arms. As she pulled away, her gaze locked on Felix who had stood up from his place on the sofa to give congrats to the couple.

Emma eyes watered again and she immediately stood up and pulled Felix into her arms. Felix sighed, breathing in her familiar scent before leaning away and kissing her forehead. "You happy?"

Emma nodded, smiling as Felix rose his hands to wipe her cheeks that were stained with tears, "Yes, so happy."

Felix smiled, "Then I'm happy too."

Emma smiled, pulling Felix into a another hug before jumping up in shock as Alex shouted out, "Time to open more champagne!"

<><><>

"Come on, Damon! Don't make me come down there!" Emma yelled as placed his pancakes on a plate and moved around to find the chocolate sauce he has to have. Leaning up to pull the chocolate from the cabinet, a small smile came to her lips at the sight of the ring around her finger.

Ever since Damon's birthday, Emma had caught herself smiling at her ring. Breaking out of her daze, she turned to see Marcus watching as he chuckled. "Do you like it?"

Emma nodded her head and threw her arms around, "You took so long to propose but the wait was worth it. The ring is perfect and the way you did it was also perfect."