i love you

XCIX

Felix didn't think the first thing he would see after waking up after almost dying was a white ceiling and the sound of his annoying heartbeat. He frowned, the sound of heavy breathing. Turning to look at his side, he groaned, he didn't think God would grant him with the sight of a Mexican when he was on the verge of death. Marcus sat at his side, his head resting on his arm. His cheeks were smudged against his palm and he was starting to drool.

"Fuck." Felix muttered as he watched Marcus before he pulled his arm from under the blanket over him and pushed at Marcus's arm, causing Marcus's head to fall. Knocking it against the handle of his bed and Felix threw his head back in laughter as Marcus' hands come out to rub his sore temple and wipe the drool from his mouth.

"You're so fucking ugly." Felix muttered through breathless laughs before he coughed, "Okay, laughing is not a good idea."

Marcus stared at him for a solid ten seconds before jumping up, "You're awake!"

He moved to run for the door when he stopped, "Aah, fuck. Everyone went home to change."

Felix's eyes widened, his expression horrified, "Selfish bastards. What if I died?"

Marcus smirked at the comment before softly smiling as he settled down next to Felix again, "Emma and your mother didn't want to leave but Damon needed to be changed and Olivia needed to rest. She wasn't feeling too good."

Felix frowned, "How are they?"

"They're wrecks man, you should see how you look."

"How do I look?"

"Like shit."

Felix rolled his eyes, letting out a chuckle, "So I guess you're going to say goodbye to me first?"

"We aren't supposed to say goodbyes. Emma forbid it."

Felix frowned, "She thinks I'll make it."

"She hopes you will."

"So... say goodbye."

"I'm not going to say goodbye, I'm going to tell you my secrets and ask for forgiveness so your ass doesn't come back to haunt me."

Felix chuckled again, "Okay, start."

"It's a lot, so bear with me."

Felix rose an eyebrow as Marcus took a deep breath, "Remember that summer when Emma refused to speak to you for three days?"

Felix frowned, "Yeah, that happened when we were like nine."

"I told Emma you didn't like the dress that her mom made for her and I told her that you sad it made her look fat."

Felix glared at him before he chuckled, "It was a fucking ugly dress."

Marcus smirked, "When we were ten, I told Emma you kissed that new girl in our class and I told her that she should kiss me to make you jealous."

Felix frowned, "She kiss you?"

"She kissed me three times."

Felix glared at him, "Fine, go on."

"When we were eleven, you told Beckie you were going to kiss Emma at school the next day so I swapped your toothbrush with one I found under my bed."

Felix cringed, "What happened?"

"Emma told Beckie that you tasted funny."

Felix chuckled, "Anything else?"

Marcus rolled his brown eyes, "Obviously."