eww, libraries

XXVI

"Felix." Emma whispered as she shook her husband awake. Felix turned away from her and moved to throw his arms around her when he felt nothing. He slowly sat up and moved to look for her when he found her kneeling at the side of his bed.

"Why are you awake?"

"Today's Wednesday. And what happens on a weekday for high school students?"

Felix groaned, throwing himself into the bed. He turned his head sideways and looked towards Emma who held a pout on her face. "Can't we ditch?"

"No! Your mom told me you need to pass English to be able to graduate and today I got you a make up test."

"But I didn't even study!"

Emma rolled her eyes, "Would you have studied if I told you about it yesterday."

Felix smirked, shaking his head as he stood up and pulled on a pair of jeans that Emma laid out for him. "So..."

"Your mom said I have to help you study so meet me in the library for your free period."

"Eww, libraries."

"Felix." Emma said with a blank look on her face.

Felix chuckled, lifting his hands up as he walked into his closet. Emma not far behind as she walked it her side. Pulling out a pair of shorts and a top, she pulled on a pair of sandals with laces that had to be twisted around her leg until a bow was tied above her knee. She let her hair lose and looked towards the mirror.

 It was the perfect outfit for after school as well

It was the perfect outfit for after school as well. Bennet hadn't been out of the hospital for almost a year and he wanted to see the beach again. Felix and Emma were to come straight to the beach after school. Emma was excited, it was the first time she would see her family after the wedding day.

She hadn't had the chance to visit them since she moved in with Felix.

After she was dressed, she walked towards her closet and pulled out a two piece swim suit for her and a shorts for Felix. Taking a bag from a draw, she rolled them up neatly and placed them inside with their sunglasses and sunblock. She remember Felix burning easily, always turning the shade of a tomato.

She packed in a pair of her and Felix's sandals and two towels and she meet Felix downstairs who handed her a small breakfast bar since they were already late for school. Emma dropped the bag into the boot of the car and got into the passenger seat.

"Why are you being nice to me?" Emma suddenly asked as she opened her breakfast bar.

Felix was taken back by the question, "I— My dad just came back from being in hospital constantly. My dad mainly came home because you were there so I'm going to be nice to you. You're also my wife for the next seven years, I want to get along with you."

Emma frowned, About that seven years...

She pushed the thought aside and smiled toward Felix, "Did you pack in your buckets and spades?" He asked her and laughed as Emma gasped.

"No, I didn't but I brought my sunblock. Did you bring yours Felix? Wouldn't want to come to school tomorrow looking like one of the muppets."

Felix growled towards her, a sign that he wanted her to stop talking. Emma giggled behind her hand as she crumbled up the paper of the bar and put it into her pocket to throw away later.

As they pulled up to school, Emma gasped as she looked around. She had never been late to school in her life. And looking around to see not one student in sight sent a shock of fear into her body. Felix was use to the sight, school wasn't very important to him. He was taking over his dad's business after he graduated and his father had taught him everything he has to know since he was able to read.

He knew where he was heading in life, business wise.

Looking to his right as he watched Emma panic, he realized his life was still messy. He was married but it wasn't perfect. No one even knew they were married.

Felix laid his hand on top of Emma's and she turned to him. "Don't worry, you'll get a warning. It's your first time."

Emma sighed in relief before she turned to Felix, "Ant you? You won't get detention, right? Because you writing your test today after school."

Felix frowned, "Then I won't show up for detention."

"But you'll be on school premises! They'll catch you eventually."

"Then sneak me in."

<><><>

"Hey." Emma said nervously as she looked towards the secretary. Emma stood in front of a wall that had a window cut into it. A small holes in the glass the only way for the two here each other.

The secretary looked up from her desk and smiled when she saw Emma. "You're late, Miss. Harper."

"I know—"

"That'll be a warning. Don't be late again."

Emma sighed in relief as she nodded her head and as she moved to walk away, the secretary called for her, "You haven't seen Felix Hayden? He had not arrived yet."

"How would I know where he is?" Emma asked nervously.

"You're come with him since the start of school."

"No, I haven't seen him. I took my own car today."

The secretary nodded her head as she looked down at her desk and Emma looked down towards Felix who was crouching against the wall. He had crawled by as Emma was talking to the secretary. He slowly got up, staying next to the wall before he crept against it. Emma giggled as she watched him and he sent her glare but his face softened as he saw how nervous she was.

"You did great, Emma. Let's get to class."

Emma nodded and followed Felix was they walked towards their first class that they shared. The classroom went quiet as the door opened. The teacher paused what she was doing and turned to the door where Felix walked in casually while Emma sneaked in shyly.

"Ms. and Mr. Hayden."

The two froze and turned to the teacher, they shared a look before the teacher corrected herself. "Ms. Harper? This is new."

Emma laughed nervously, "I had a late night."

The teacher smiled, "Yes, dinner with the Hayden family is very tiring."

"How did you—" Felix started but the teacher cut him off.

"Take your seats."

Emma's eyes stayed wide as she sat down. The whole's classroom's eyes were on the two as they stared wide eyed at their desks. Marcus caught Emma's eye, he was frowning. He looked away first, turning to his table and he lifted his pencil and starting writing notes. His hands turning white at how hard he was writing and the whole class jumped as the pencil snapped and Marcus stood up. Storming out of the classroom.