he's not interested so get away from him

XXVII

Beckie sat at the cafeteria table, her finger tapping at the table as she looked around. No one was at the table, she hadn't seen Pete all day and she had to set things right with him. She didn't want him to feel like she was using him even if in that moment she was.

Dave had talked to her earlier but he stormed off when Beckie refused to kiss him. Him and Aiden had gone off somewhere.

She felt someone dump something on the table and looked up to see Felix and Alex. Felix looks towards Beckie, "Where's my wi—" he suddenly cleared his throat, hitting his chest as he coughed and Alex and Beckie looked at him wide-eyed. "Have you seen, Emma?"

Beckie was about to shake her head when she saw Emma enter the cafeteria. "There she is."

As Felix turned to look at her, she looked as if she was looking for something. She suddenly turned around and walked off out of the cafeteria. Felix rose his eyebrows while Beckie frowned.

"Where's the nerd?" Felix asked as he looked around the table and Beckie's nose suddenly flared with anger.

"Don't call him that." She hissed towards him and Alex looked towards her shocked.

"Beckie." He called and she looked towards him. His eyebrows was furrowed in concern. She took a deep breath and stood up, picking up a tray from a top of the trash can and laying it in a row with the other students waiting in line.

When she got what she wanted she turned around to see Pete at the table. He was eating at his pizza and Beckie smiled and moved to sit at the table when one of Pete's nerd friends sat. "Hey, Pete."

Pete looked at her weirdly, "Hey, Abbie."

"What you did today was so cool! Would you tutor me in chemistry? I didn't understand what the teacher—"

Beckie felt anger take over her whole body.

She stormed towards the table, slammed her tray on the table causing the Abbie girl to jump. "Beat it nerd, we all know that you know everything about chemistry. He's not interested so get away from him."

Abbie gasped and stood up, hurrying away as Beckie sat and she looked up to see Alex's eyes wide while Felix smirked. She turned to Pete who was looking at her confused. Beckie blushed as she turned away and picked up the yogurt she bought her and stuffed her face with it.

"So... Becca—"

"It's Beckie." Beckie snapped towards Felix whose eyes widened but he nodded.

"Beckie— What was that?"

"Nothing." She answered, too quickly.

Felix chuckled as he stood up, taking his tray with him and he pulled Alex up with him. Alex protested as his best friend dragged him away and Beckie turned to Pete shyly. He was busy looking at a book in front of him and his eyes shifted to the red head when he saw her move towards him. "Hey." She whispered and Pete looked towards her with rose eyebrows.

"Hey..." he trailed off as he looked towards her.

Beckie sighed and pouted. She didn't really know how to make it up to Pete. They had never been this awkward with each other. She looked towards the book he was reading and sat closer towards him, causing him to gulp. "What you reading?"

Pete's eyes glowed as he turned to her. He forget he was angry as he went on and on about the book and Beckie smiled.

Maybe he isn't so bad. Beckie thought as she smiled at him.

<><><>

Emma hadn't seen Marcus the entire day. It was already lunch, halfway thought the day and Emm still hadn't seen her boyfriend. She could tell he was avoiding her and she wouldn't let him. She had to say sorry.

Looking around the cafeteria, she sighed as she saw no sign of him and existed the cafeteria and decided to get some fresh air. She hoped it would clear her head. Stepping outside, she smiled as she saw Marcus standing under out of the trees of the field. She called his name and ran towards him. He slowly turned to her.

His arms were opened as he waited for her and as she got closer, she threw her arms round him. The impact knocking them both over. Marcus let out a sound from the fall and Emma laid across his chest. She looked up, seeing that they had landed under the tree. She looked down at Marcus, "I'm sorry." They said at the same time and both their eyebrows rose.

"Why are you sorry?" They suddenly asked again and Emma giggled while Marcus chuckled. He looked up at her with a smirk.

"I— I'm sorry I didn't tell you about me going to dinner with Felix. Mr. Hayden came home yesterday and Olivia wanted us to have dinner."

Marcus nodded his head as he rose his hand, one rested on Emma's waist while the other tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry, I over reacted. I keep forgetting that you're married. I just get jealous, knowing that we can't go on those fancy dinners. That I can't give you that—"

Marcus was cut off by a pair of lips, she had done this yesterday. A clear sign that she wanted him to stop talking and that she didn't care about him not being able to give her the big things. The fact that he was in love with her was enough and he could feel it through the kiss.

As they pulled away, Emma moved to his side and laid her head on his shoulder as they looked up at the sky. "I hate that with you time goes fast."

Emma looked look up at Marcus, "Why?"

"Because our time is so limited, I want to enjoy every moment but I want it to last forever."

"School feels like an eternity, I'm glad I see you here."

Marcus chuckled, "If school's hell, am I, your demon and you, my angel?"

Emma smiled as she looked up at Marcus, "You are forbidden."

<><><>