Farmers (5)

With Shaohua doing intelligent monitoring, Xu Zifan is very relieved to concentrate on making hats. His movements were a little slow at first, and he made two mistakes and almost cut his fingers. However, he has always been cautious and attentive, and is good at finding tricks. It didn't take long before he figured out how to make the hat and became proficient in his movements.

In the morning, he made two hats, choosing the most lightweight and practical styles. He also used the different shades of the front and back of the bamboo to make a circle of beautiful patterns for the women's hats. Xu Zifan patiently removed all the burrs and polished the hat to be smooth and delicate. Then he cleaned the house and went out to sit on a small bench against the wall to soak up the sun.

He is too weak now, it is good to get more sun. When Xiao Lian came back holding a large bowl of clothes, she saw Xu Zifan closed his eyes as if he was asleep, and hurriedly woke him up, "Third brother, third brother, go back to the house and rest. Don't catch a cold."

"I didn't sleep, I was closing my eyes to rest my mind." Xu Zifan said casually without opening his eyes.

"Oh, then I won't disturb the third brother." Xiaolian nodded, walked to the middle of the yard, put down the basin and began to stretch the clothes to dry.

Xu Zifan opened his eyes and took a look when he heard the movement. There are less than a dozen clothes in the basin. The big wooden basins are piled up full, and these are all washed by Xiaolian. He looked at Xiao Lian's hand again, it turned out to be very red, and his face was slightly pale. Even if it had just entered autumn, the weather was not too cold, and the river was already cold. It felt so inhumane for Xiaolian, a 14-year-old girl to soak in cold water to wash so many clothes. The Xu family is no longer considered patriarchal. It is because the status of ancient women is too low. Washing clothes is already a light job in everyone's eyes. Who cares if the little girl is afraid of the cold?

Xu Zifan went to the stove to pour two bowls of hot water, put a little sugar in, brought out a bowl to Xiaolian, and said, "Drink some hot water, you don't look right, don't fall ill like brother."

Xiao Lian put down her clothes flattered, and took the bowl with her hands. The warm temperature passed from the bowl to the palm of her hand, making her unable to hold the bowl tighter. Xu Zifan drank the sugar water in a few mouthfuls and looked at her, "Why don't you drink it? Afraid of being hot?"

"No, it's not hot." Xiao Lian lowered her head and took a sip, and was stunned. "Brother, did you put sugar in? Sugar is very expensive, wait for them to come back later..."

Xu Zifan said indifferently, "Will my father and mother give us sugar water? Now there are four people in our house, we and father and mother, are you not used to it?" He raised his chin and pointed to the clothes in the basin. "Brother The sister-in-law's coat and their children's clothes will be asked to wash them by themselves. By the way, I will wash my clothes by myself. You can just help my parents to wash them."

"Ah? Is this, this all right?" Xiao Lian looked at her clothes and then at the two children playing in the yard, wondering whether she should listen to Xu Zifan.

Xu Zifan urged her to drink up the water quickly, put away a male jacket and put it on a bamboo pole to dry, "Separate families and families. People are afraid that we will take advantage of them. Let's not always let others take advantage. You can help them. It's better to wash your clothes than to cook a meal, clean the house, feed the chickens. Remember, you can be filial to your parents in the future, and don't take care of other people's affairs. When you get married in the future, the third brother is your family's Rely on. Don't worry about to please your eldest brother and second elder brother. It's already clear that the separation of the family so early has made it clear that you haven't taken care of your marriage. Waiting to rely on it later? When the third elder brother earns the money, we will move to the big house and follow them thoroughly. Clean it up, understand?"