Season 3 Episode 7: Fresh Blood

*TRIGGER WARNING* This story features discussions of substance abuse. While mild I felt it important to make mention

This was a messy one. What was more, it had some essence of Robin's own story. Turned into a monster, without her consent. When she thought about it, it was probably the case for most vampires. Robin had been spending a lot of time with the Winchesters lately, this was their newest case. They'd been looking for a vamp nest, meanwhile there had been a particularly sloppy female who had left a very visible trail of breadcrumbs, or dead bodies, in its wake.

When the three had caught up to her, Dean had been reckless. He sliced his arm to lure her out of hiding with the scent of his blood. She'd lunged at his neck and Robin had tackled her with a syringe of dead-man's blood, subduing her.

Now she sat, contained by their restraints they had used on her. The three had been playing good cop, played by Sam, bad cop, played by Dean, and drinking while listening intently cop, played by Robin.

"What's your name" Sam asked her gently?

"Lucy" she whimpered.

"Lucy" Robin asked? "Wow, that's poetic".

"What the hell are you talking about" Dean asked?

"Read a fucking book" Robin replied taking a swig straight from a bottle of whiskey.

Sam looked at Dean, "Dracula" he explained.

Robin clicked her tongue, pointed and winked at Sam as she took another swig.

"Look Lucy" Sam continued, "You tell us what happened, and we'll let you go".

"Really?" she asked looking to Dean, who faked a smile and nodded. She looked to Robin, still drinking who nodded and gave her a thumbs up.

Lucy explained everything. She'd been at a club, partying. She met with a dealer who told her that he had something that would take her on a high like she had never experienced before. "He put a couple drops in my drink" she concluded.

"Shit" Robin whispered. Right in the feels.

"This liquid he put in your drink" Dean asked, "It wasn't thick, and red was it"?

Lucy examined him for a moment, "Yes" she replied.

"Hate to tell you this sweetheart" Dean explained, "That was vampire blood. You got infected with the nastiest virus there is".

"You're crazy" she cried out, "He roofied me, and gave me something. I can't come down".

"You killed two people" Dean told her, "Almost three. You're leaving a sloppy trail of corpses behind you"

"Dean" Robin spoke up.

"No" Lucy whimpered, "I couldn't have. I was hallucinating. I don't know what's happening".

"Lights too bright" Dean asked, "Sunshine hurts your skin"?

Lucy was surprised by his questions, "Yes, and I hear blood pumping".

"I hate to tell you this sweetheart. But your blood is never pumping again".

"Dean" Robin warned.

"Not mine" Lucy told him, "Yours. I can hear a heartbeat a half a block away" Lucy hung her head in desperation, "I just want to come down".

"Listen wavy gravy" Dean explained, "You are not going to come down from this".

Robin jumped to her feet, "DEAN" she shouted.

"Dean" Sam said quietly in agreement. Dean looked at him, and Sam motioned his head toward the next room.

The three gathered together. "Poor girl" Sam said sweetly.