Season 9 Episode 5: Dog Dean Afternoon pt 1

"I may have to kill you" Robin huffed as she walked into the War room drying her hands with a towel she promptly threw at Dean.

"Why, what's up?" Dean asked her, tossing the towel on the table.

"He only just stopped puking every forty-five minutes" Robin explained. "I got him to lay down with a bucket by his bed."

"Wow" Dean chuckled.

"How is that kid still recovering from Branson" Sam asked?

"Because he has been a sheltered little scholar all his life" Robin replied, "And Dean is the one who gave him all the ideas to celebrate is twenty first birthday."

Sam looked at Dean and shook his head.

"I left him some Gatorade and crackers by his bed" Robin explained. "When he wakes up, I'll get him something greasy."

"Greasy" Sam asked her?

"Always required the morning after" she nodded.

"All right" Sam nodded, desperate to change the subject. "Well, uh, I got something that's gonna get us back on the road. Taxidermist named Max Alexander mysteriously crushed to death. Nearly every joint in his body dislocated, every bone broken. Poor guy is a human pretzel. You tell me what's got that kind of strength."

"A demonic luchador" Dean asked?

Sam, being immune to Dean's one-liners chose to speak instead to Robin. "Shop's a couple hours away in Enid, Oklahoma. We should at least check it out."

"It's a little extreme to not be our thing" Robin nodded. "Wheels up in thirty?"

"Sounds good" Sam nodded.

As the three approached the Taxidermy shop the words "DIE SCUM" were painted on the window. In the corner of one of the letters was a small paw print in an inverted triangle.

"You seeing this" Robin asked them?

"Not all that subtle" Dean replied.

Robin pointed directly to the paw print. Sam nodded to her and snapped a picture on his phone with a nod.

The three walked into the shop that was wall to wall stuffed animals.

"Well, the creep factor just skyrocketed" Dean huffed.

It wasn't Robin's first experience with taxidermy. Aside from being a hunter, Bobby was in fact an actual hunter as well. Taxidermy shops just come with the territory.

They were soon spotted by the Sheriff and readied their badges.

"How are you" Sam nodded? "Agents Michaels, Deville and Smith."

"The body's already been to the morgue" He explained to them . "Just wrapping it up with Dave Stephens. He's the one who discovered the body. Such a shame. I used to go hunting with Max. He was a real good egg."

"You mind showing my partner around" Dean requested? "I just got a couple questions for Mr. Stephens."

As Sam was led away, Robin joined Dean in his questioning. "I'll tell you whatever you need to know" Dave nodded. "Max was a... a real pal."

"Hunting buddy" Dean asked? "So, uh, about what time did you discover the body?"

"About 9 a.m. – my usual pickup time" He explained. "I come in every Wednesday and Sundays, uh, to collect the entrails."

"The what" Dean asked?

"Animal insides" Robin replied calmly. "That's a rarity really. Most people have them removed before they're taken to the Taxidermist."