Season 9 Episode 13: The Purge (But not really)

*this chapter has a warning, a serious angst warning. This was not my intent as I headed into this episode, but sometimes Robin takes the impala wheel from me. *

Before they left town, Sam and Dean had one of their serious brother talks. The long and short of it was, they'd decided they could hunt together, but that was where their relationship ended.

Robin and Sam had returned to the impala for the drive home. When they'd pulled into the garage and Sam got out, Dean looked in the rear-view mirror at Robin. "I guess I better start packing up my stuff huh" he asked her?

"No" she shook her head coldly. "I moved out of your room the night you left."

"Oh" he replied, attempting to hide his hurt. She got out of the car and headed into the bunker.

"What are you up to now" Sam asked her?

"Shower" she replied. "Nap. You?"

"Gonna run to the store after a shower" he nodded. "You need anything?"

"I'll text it to you" she nodded.

"So what" Dean asked them? "You two playing house now?"

Robin rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I'll let you know Sammy" she huffed before she headed to her room, closing the door behind her.

Robin rolled out of bed, literally falling on the floor. She got up with a groan and stretched. She slid on some shorts and grabbed a flannel shirt to throw on over her tank top before she headed out to the kitchen.

"...Metatron and the mark of Cain" she walked in as Dean was in mid-sentence.

"Morning" Sam nodded to her.

"Coffee" she grumbled.

"Yeah" Sam chuckled pouring her a cup. She shuffled across the floor to the fridge and bent over to grab the milk. When she turned around Dean quickly made eye contact with her, wiped a stupid half grin off his face and cleared his throat.

She narrowed her eyes and then made eye contact with Sam, who was chuckling again.

"How'd you sleep" Dean asked her?

"Well enough I fell out of bed" she grumbled. "I'll feel that later. Why were we talking about asshat and your new ink?"

"He stayed up all night researching them" Sam explained?

"And" Robin asked?

"Bupkiss" Dean replied. "But I found a case."

"Do tell" Robin pulled a chair up beside Dean to look at his laptop.

"I uh" he looked her over, this being the most receptive she'd been to him since his return. "I found a guy in Minnesota. Wins a hot dog eating competition and died."

"Artery blockage" Robin nodded. "I dunno about you, but I ain't a Cardiologist there Dean."

"Uh huh" he replied. "Dude died in his car. Went from 300 lbs. to 90."

"Witchcraft" Sam asked Robin?

"I mean possibly" she replied. "Gonna need a closer look. I can be ready in 30."

"Whore's bath for me" Dean announced getting up from the table.

When he was out of earshot Robin asked, "did he sleep?"

"No" Sam shook his head.

"Wonderful" Robin sighed.

They arrived at the police station in Stillwater and were soon greeted by the local sheriff, Donna Hanscum.