Season 10 Episode 21: Dark Dynasty Pt 2

"As in grab your torch and pitchfork" Robin asked? "It's said when Mary Shelley created the story it was during a party."

"She was visiting Lord Byron" He continued. "A family friend, we invited her to stay with us. She stumbled upon our secrets and forced us underground."

"She didn't go public" Dean scoffed.

"Frankenstein is one of the most known monster stories of all time" Robin disagreed. "The author having stayed with a family by the same name and suddenly came up with the story?"

"Doesn't get more public than that" the Styne shook his head, eyes narrowing at Robin with a foul grin.

"But no one believed her. And they won't believe you either."

"We believe" Dean nodded. "That's enough."

"Yeah, well . . . as mighty as I'm sure your little family is, mine is a juggernaut" he warned them. "We're not ordinary men. We're Spartans."

"You sound like some Jocks I knew in high school" Robin replied. "They were full of themselves and shit too. And one thing you aren't is immortal."

"What we are is expendable" he told her. "I go down, there's an army of replacements behind me.

"And where does this army call home, hm" Dean asked unsheathing a particularly intimidating knife and admiring the sheen of the blade? "Who's big daddy Frankenstein?"

"Were you here when I mentioned that we're underground" he asked? "There are secrets."

"Well, I'm swell at uncovering secrets" Dean's approach towards him, menacing.

"You give me the book, and it's conceivable that we could have a conversation" he suggested.

"And here I thought you were good on intel" Robin mocked. "The book is gone, we burned it."

He chuckled at her in a way that gave her chills. "The book is protected by a spell. It's eternal. It cannot be destroyed."

That was it. That was what Sam was hiding. Robin's eyes flitted to Dean's. He examined her for a moment, wondering if she was aware. He got the read quickly, this was news to her as well as him, she didn't hide it. His jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed to the door. His stride was determined and fierce. She rushed to keep up with him, wondering what Sam would have to say for himself.

As they found Sam he hung up.

"What are you doing" Dean asked?

"Uh" Sam stammered. "Something came up."

"Really" Robin scowled. "What?"

"It's handled" he scowled back at her before looking at Dean. "Uh, what's going on in there? Get any more out of him?"

"Yeah, an earful" Dean replied. "Let me ask you something--."

Before he could continue they heard the front door of the bunker slam shut. Rushing back to the dungeon all that was left there of their captive was his arm, hanging from the chain they'd used to restrain him. That and a long trail of blood.

Robin stepped closer looking at the blood and the edges of the flesh. "Jesus Christ" she hissed. "He ripped it off."

Dean took Robin with him to follow the trail. He was white knuckling the steering wheel of the impala and driving a bit faster than he should be for a search. It was a painful silence for Robin until finally he asked, "Did you know?"

"No" she whispered. "But I knew he was doing something."

"What do you mean" he growled?

"Back when we had Metatron" She started. "He said he had the answers."