Season 10 Episode 1: Black

* A friend of mine had read my other SPN fan fiction (Jaded) in it's entirety, and was missing the story. I mentioned to her that she would probably like this one, she did. Where this one has a great many chapters, she's been doing this over the course of months, and has been able to leisurely consume the story. Well she went from a Jade fan to a Robin fan (though there is still love for Jade.) This was the first time she ever had to wait for a chapter. I type this now, and the next thing I'm going to do is text her to let her know it's back. It feels weird to not have Robin in rotation, so I'm glad she's back too. *

Robin had dyed her hair red again and was doing her best Clark Kent VS Superman routine taking her glasses out of retirement. 3:30, she would need to check in with Sammy soon, but she couldn't miss this lead. It was a dive bar in North Dakota, attached to a cheap motel. Seemed right up their alley, complete with a terrible karaoke machine. Robin had even been there before with Joe when they were younger.

She entered the front door, popping the collar on her jacket in hopes of not being seen. And she wasn't...at first.

She couldn't see Dean anywhere, maybe a good thing, she would probably need to work up to seeing him like this. No, better to have a warmup or two. That's when she spotted Dean's partner in crime, Crowley.

It had been over a month since Dean disappeared. Robin and Sam had both taken different avenues to find him. Sam was on the research front, working over demons for intel. Robin had been a little more hands on. Hit the road on her bike and did some teleportation where she could. While they had taken this at different angles they were very much working together. Check in time was 4:00 pm Bunker time every day. Robin would touch base; they would compare notes. If she was late, Sam would try her phones. No answer meant he was to use the earring she gave him before visiting Cain. Sammy hadn't had to use it yet. And this close? She didn't want him to.

She ordered a beer and got a booth so she could watch his every move. After a while his eyes scanned around the room, she ducked down to not be spotted. He then sauntered down a hallway presumably to the motel side of the building. She paid her tab and headed for the same hall. She took a few steps into it and came face to face with a couple of demons.

They recognized her instantly. "Tell me if you've heard this one" she nodded getting her angel blade out. "A witch walks into a bar full of demons." The first one went at her, and she instantly stabbed the blade into him. The second swung at her. She dodged and spun making quick work of the second as well.

She looked to the end of the long hallway in time to meet eyes with Crowley. He bolted as soon as she was upright. She followed after but didn't turn the corner after him immediately, god knows what she would have turned to face.

"Dean, you have a visitor" She heard him say. "One of the Scooby gang seems to have found us".

"Dumb move" She heard his voice strain, "which one do I have to kill"?

This was when Robin was about to bound around the corner but froze when she heard a woman chuckle. A woman. Well if that wasn't a punch to the gut. She had to remind herself, this wasn't Dean. It was a new knight of hell, wearing him like a meatsuit. She repeated it in her head, lest she break down completely.

"No, no" Crowley replied, "it's the one you won't kill".

Dean groaned in disappointment, "tell her to come back in like an hour. I just finished".

"Who" the woman demanded?

"His girlfriend" Crowley replied.

"You have a girlfriend" she shouted?!

Robin let out a deep breath and turned the corner. Sure enough there was another demon standing there. While she knew she could take this one down, she focused her rage on him, making the kill slow and loud.

"Well there's the ole ball and chain now" Dean announced with something that resembled pride.