Season 5 Episode 20: The Devil You Know

"So, he just went off with him" Robin demanded through the speaker phone with Sam?

"Apparently we're trusting demons now" Sam snarked.

"No Sammy" Robin told him, "He is".

"What are you thinking" Sam asked?

"He's got the impala" Robin asked?

"Yeah" Sam replied.

"I'll be in touch".

The quest for the four horsemen continued. Sam and Dean Winchester were the true vessels of the arch angels, Lucifer and Michael, but first they had to say yes. The way it was all supposed to go down was the 66 seals were supposed to break, releasing Lucifer from his cage, check. Dean had broken the first seal, while Sammy had broken the last. Lucifer would then summon the four horsemen of the apocalypse to get everything started, also check. The angel's plan was to send down their biggest bad ass, Michael. He and Lucifer would duke it out, wiping out half of the earth's population, minimum. Fuck that.

There was an option B, slamming Lucifer back in the cage, stat. The way to do this was with the four rings of the four horsemen. Robin had been there for the collection of War's ring. Recently the boys and Castiel had acquired Famine's. Next on the list was Pestilence, and he was a little harder to nail down.

Crowley had an invested interest in Lucifer getting slammed back in the cage. He had been the one to supply them with the colt. This had been a failed assassination attempt. Unfortunately for Crowley, Lucifer was well aware who put out the hit.

As such, he'd given the boys a lead on Pestilence, or more precisely his right-hand demon. The part that concerned Robin most was that Crowley only wanted Dean on the case, no one else.

Robin clenched her bike between her thighs before simply saying "Impala". Robin's powers had grown stronger as of late. When a witch uses a spell frequently it binds with her, she doesn't need to verbalize it anymore.

When she appeared behind the impala her bike fell over pinning her for a moment. The spell she had down but taking larger things with her was new.

She got to her feet and said "Bini" strengthening her vision to give her a clearer picture of what she was dealing with.

There were about four demons left in the lobby. She grabbed an angel blade from her backpack that she recently acquired, her cellphone and a red solo cup.

She walked into the lobby and put the cup on the counter.

"You lost sweetheart" one asked?

Robin didn't say a word. She just put a finger up to gesture she'd be with them momentarily, as she searched her phone for the track she was looking for. When she found it, she cranked the volume and placed her phone in the cup, making it act like a speaker. Soon her voice was echoing off the walls, reciting an exorcism. She stretched her neck from side to side and readied the angel blade.

The first demon came at her, and she kicked him back before a second lunged at here. She swung the blade down then straight up into just below his chin. He flashed orange before the meatsuit fell to the floor. One down.

Another put her in a choke hold. She faked weakening and lowered herself to the floor, before gaining enough control to flip him over her and plunging the blade into his chest. That's two.

Then other two came up behind her slamming her face into the floor and getting on top of her to pin her down.

"It's the Winchester's pet" one snapped.

"I assure you" she snarled, "my bite is as bad as my bark".

One grabbed her by the hair and arched her up as far as she would go. "You really thought you could win this fight" he snarled?

"I didn't need to win" she told him, "I just needed to outlast the exorcism".

With those the final three words of the ritual rang out. The remaining demons shot out of their victims and fell limp.

Robin wiggled out of the dead weight of the bodies, grabbed her belongings and made her way to the elevator.

As soon as the elevator door opened Dean nearly tackled her over.

"Robin Singer" An inquisitive voice came from down the hall?

She looked as Dean slammed buttons, trying to get them out of there. "Brady" she asked in confusion?

The doors closed, and the elevator descended. "Was that Brady Tyson" Robin asked?

"That was a demon" Dean said breathlessly.

"He's possessed" Robin asked?

"Well he ain't that strong on his own sweetheart" Dean growled.

The elevator door opened. Dean grabbed Robin by the wrist and pulled her out behind him.

"Great meeting Dean, really excited about it" Brady shouted coming out of nowhere. Dean protectively put an arm across the front of Robin. "And speaking of excitement, hey there Robin how's it going? Been a while. Prom night, right?".

Crowley suddenly appeared, put a devil's trap sack over Brady's head and hit him with a crowbar. They got him to the impala and set out. Robin went with them in the impala, not trusting Crowley alone with Dean.

"We need to find a place to take him" Crowley explained, "we cannot take him back to your brother".

"Why the hell not" Dean snapped?

"They have history okay" Crowley shouted before looking at Robin, "I would have rather kept this one out of the mix if I could have helped it".

Dean looked at Robin in confusion "Yeah how do you know this guy Robin" he asked?

"Popped her cherry" Crowley looked Robin up and down, "Didn't he"?

Robin said nothing, she simply glared at Crowley.

"Seriously Robin" Dean barked?

Robin continued the drive in silence.

When they reached the abandoned house Crowley was squatting in, when Dean took Robin aside. "Seriously" he asked, "this guy"?

"Should I point out the bad sexual choices you've made over the years" she defended? "We'd be here a while".

Robin stormed into the room where they were keeping Brady.

"Well hello miss Singer" he grinned at her. She simply glared, "so you never called. I thought we had some fun; I know I did".

"Were you a-" her voice shook.

"Demon then" he laughed? "Yup! Robin Singer, big hunter, lost her V card to a demon".

She bit her lip.

"Probably makes sense to you now though, hindsight" he nodded, "not like I was gentle".

Robin looked to the doorway and spotted Dean watching. She clenched her jaw and looked away from him.

"You were so young, fresh...tight" he said licking his lips and looking her up and down. "I bet you've learned a thing or two since".

"That's enough" Dean growled walking in and standing beside Robin.

"I get it Dean" Brady continued, "You wanted to be the first to give it to her".

Dean threw punch, nearly knocking Brady's chair over.

"I mean if it makes you feel better, she wanted it to be you too" he nodded. "She never said no to me, but I was rough. The whole time she wanted you to bust in and take her away".

Robin glared at him, her nostrils flared, and it was now a struggle to not attack.

"Was that supposed to be a secret" Brady asked, mocking her? "How about your other secret Robin"?

Robin didn't think, it was all instincts when she grabbed him by the collar and began punching him repeatedly. Finally, Dean pulled her off of him.

"You talk too much" Robin growled looking down at her raw knuckles.

After preparing him for what he was about to see, they finally let Sam see Brady. Brady dealt him a devastating blow.

Once upon a time, Brady was Sam's best friend, when they were in college. One Thanksgiving, Brady came back, and he was different, possessed. He was sent in to keep an eye on Sammy for the yellow eyed demon, Azazel.

It was no secret that Azazel didn't like how domesticated Sam had become with his almost fiancé Jess. This was the demise of Jess. Much in the same fashion of Mary Winchester, Jess was sliced open and left to burn on the ceiling. But there was a twist to the story.

"Azazel may have set out the order, but I made the hit" Brady laughed as Sam struggled to contain his rage. "She thought we were friends" he taunted, "she invited me in. She was baking cookies. She was so hurt when I started in on her".

Sam rushed him, placing the demon killing knife to his throat.

"Come on Sammy" Brady taunted, "it'll make you feel better. I killed the woman you loved. Roughed up the chick you see as a sister. You want to avenge them don't you"?

"Sammy" Robin shouted.

Sam froze and looked back at her.

"Not worth it" she shook her head.

"Robin" Brady taunted, "don't be like that. I know, first time I should have been gentle. But I bet you like the rough stuff now".

Robin ignored Brady and simply put her hand out to Sam.

Sam clenched his jaw and took her hand.