Season 8 Episode 17: Goodbye Stranger

It had been a couple weeks since Sam had completed the first trial, killing a Hell Hound. Dean was pissed because he wanted to be the one to take on the trials, but luck of the draw made it so Sam was the one to gank the son of a bitch.

Robin had become a little more comfortable in the bunker these days. Dean had set up his room to his liking before their conversation about making the bunker as much her home as theirs. Since, another dresser had been moved into his room for her. Most of his room was set up to house weapons anyway, so completing the set up only consisted of adding her hardware to the arsenal.

Dean was puttering around a cabinet with ancient weapons while Robin sat on her laptop and Sam was digging through some of the casefiles, they had found a couple of weeks ago.

"Robin, you'd been looking through the witch files right" He asked her?

"Yeah" she told him, reading through a headline from an Indiana paper.

"There's one missing" he told her. "Do you have it?"

She looked up from her screen at the question. "Uh, yeah" she paused and thought. "That was what I needed to talk to Garth about actually."

Dean's attention had been caught by the conversation as he sat at the table. He furrowed his brow, "What was it" he asked?

"Uh" she stammered, "The witch who killed my mom."

"What" Dean asked looking at her in surprise? "Were you gonna tell us?"

"The file didn't have much" She nodded. "She didn't even have a name; she's only known as mother."

"You got Garth on the case, to put out feelers" Sam asked?

"Exactly" she nodded. "Chick kills parents and either eats the souls of the kids, or turns em. Typically, she raises them."

"So, why'd she leave you" Dean asked?

"No idea" Robin shook her head.

"You do remember me telling you, when this case comes, we have your back right" Dean asked?

"I do" she nodded, "Which is why I didn't say anything. I don't have a case yet, and you were off to kill a hell hound and bathe in their blood."

"So, if Garth gets anything" Sam nodded. "We have a case. All of us together? Right?"

"Right" Robin nodded looking back to her laptop. "In the meantime, we have a case." She spun her laptop around. "Dead bodies showing up all over the Midwest last week. Benton, Indiana; Downers Grove, Illinois; uh, Novi, Michigan; and then again last night in Lincoln Springs, Missouri. Eyes burned out, puncture wounds in hands and liquified organs."

"Whoa" Dean nodded to her.

Sam had been examining the headlines, "no link between any of the victims. Uh, one was a real-estate agent. Another was a local historian. Woman killed last night was a teacher."

"Our link is cause of death" Dean nodded. "Kind of specific."

The trio took off and headed to the home of the latest vic, Anne Morton, donning their FBI apparel.

"We just have a few routine follow-up questions about your wife, sir" Sam started. "Did she have any enemies?

"Anne" He asked, his face looking tired and worn already from the grief? "Honestly, I can't think of a soul who'd want to hurt her, even after everything that happened."

"Everything that happened" Dean followed up?

"About a week ago, something changed in Anne" He explained. "She was out of sorts, not herself at all." He let out a sigh, "It'd be better if I show you."