Season 7 Episode 17: The Born- Again Identity, Part 2

*quick note. I've been sick and haven't gotten my material archived like I typically do. My other fan fic was late as a result. That one is also coming to an end, so it's getting a little more attention. I'll try and have one set for next week. It's also a comedic episode which I tend to struggle with. In the mean time here's the new post*

Robin stood stunned and looked to Dean who's reaction mirrored hers. They both searched for words, but none came. Robin finally moved her feet from their rooted position on the walkway and started towards the house. When she reached Dean, it was like she had unfrozen him as the pair cautiously walked into the home. They walked into the entry way and turned to the archway to their left where a woman was bound and gagged as "Emmanuel" untied her.

"That creature hurt you" he muttered, almost whimpering at her distress.

She pulled down her gag and got to her feet embracing him. "I'm okay. But Emmanuel... They were looking for you".

"It's okay" he hushed her as he ran his hand over her head protectively. He turned his attention back to the awestruck couple. "I'm Emmanuel", he walked towards them and put out a hand to shake.

Still stunned, the two looked at the hand as though this was a foreign custom to them, when Dean cleared his throat. "I'm...Dean. This is my girlfriend Robin".

"Hi" Robin nodded. As forced as Dean's articulate interaction was, Robin seemed to struggle further to muster up even that single syllable.

"Thank you for protecting my wife" he nodded to them. His stern demeanor was crying out Cas to them, but his ignorance to their demonic interaction left them with more questions than answers. "I saw his face. His real face".

"He was a demon" Dean explained.

"A demon walked the Earth" Emmanuel questioned, almost in fear.

"Yeah, they do that a lot" Robin nodded, matter-of-factly.

Daphne looked at him in adoration, "You saw the demon's true face". She looked back to the hunters, to explain. "Emmanuel has very special gifts".

"Yeah" Dean nodded to her. "I-I've heard that about... Emmanuel. That you can heal people up"?

"I seem to be able to help to a certain degree" he shrugged modestly. "What's your issue"?

They proceeded to tell Emmanuel about Sam. Between his natural aptitude of wanting to help and them having just saved his wife, he agreed to go back with them to Indiana

The drive was tense. He saw the demon's face, he could heal. There was no chance this wasn't Castiel. But did he really remember them, or anything for that matter?

"So" Dean piped up breaking the awkward silence, "Daphne – is that, uh, your wife"? Dean's tone was almost indignant. He was trying to be cordial with the man, but it seemed there was an underlying anger there.

"She found me and cared for me" Emmanuel nodded.

"Found you" Robin asked? Robin's tone was more inquisitive. She was dying to get to the bottom of this. Was there a chance this was Jimmy Novak with amnesia? There was no way, he'd given his life to Castiel years ago to save his daughter. Can angels get amnesia?

"Oh, it's a... strange story" Emmanuel brushed off her question. "You may not like it".

"Believe me, we will" Dean nodded in almost a snap.

Emmanuel looked at him strangely for a moment before he started "A few months ago, she was hiking by the river, and I wandered into her path, drenched and confused, and... unclothed. I had no memory. She said... God wanted her to find me".