Season 4 Episode 16: On the Head of a Pin

*torture warning*

Jo arrived at the Singers house. "Where is she" she said as she walked through the door?

"Her room" Bobby nodded.

Jo shot up the stairs, "Hi mom" she called back to Ellen who stood downstairs with Bobby.

When she found Robin, she was laying on her bed, she hadn't eaten or slept in days. "Robin" Jo called out to her.

Robin didn't move.

"Robin Elizabeth Singer" Jo snapped.

"Hi" Robin murmured.

"Sweetie" Jo said sitting on the bed with her, "please get up".

"Why" Robin asked?

"She was my friend too" Jo told her.

"You know we weren't just friends" Robin murmured, "And I got her killed".

"You did not kill her" Jo told her.

"YES, I DID" Robin shouted sitting upright. "I let her close Jo. I knew what this life was". The warm tears ran down her cheek.

"And she knew you were worth it" Jo hugged her, "You were worth every god damn risk".

"What the fuck is wrong with us" Robin asked? "We would choose this life? We dreamed of it".

"It's in our blood" Jo told her, "Sophie had a taste of it, she knew the danger".

"And I did" Robin told her, "And I let it happen".

"Robin why do you think you can't be loved" Jo asked her?

"You don't know everything about me Jo" Robin told her.

"The hell I don't" Jo scoffed.

Robin's eyes started to glow, and she formed a fireball in her hand, "No, you don't".

"Robin" Jo gasped.

"Now you know" Robin told her, "You're a hunter, do what you have to do".

Jo hugged her, "before I was a hunter, I was your friend".

"GANK ME JO" Robin cried, "You're a hunter"!

"No" Jo cried her, "I'm here Robin. You are my best friend, and I am here".

Jo hugged her tight and wouldn't let her go. Robin wept in her best friend's arms. If nothing else, Jo knew now, and it was a relief.

"Let's get you cleaned up".

Jo ran the bath and helped Robin in. Robin still stayed motionless as her friend poured water over her head, cleaning her.

"How long" Jo asked?

"Always" Robin replied, "You wonder why I was scared shitless of Gordon"?

"Makes sense" Jo smiled at her.

"He's dead by the way" Robin told her.

"I thought he was in prison" Jo told her.

"He got out" Robin replied, "He got turned. Sam Winchester decap-".

"You see a lot of the boys" Jo asked trying to change the subject?

"Yeah" Robin replied. "You been talking to Dean"?

"Not for a long long time" Jo replied, "I stopped kidding myself".

"His loss" Robin told her.

"Says you" Jo chuckled.

"I know better than most" Robin told her.

"You know I love you" Jo smiled, "I'm sorry I don't swing the way that it would make any difference".