Idea #49: Meta Runner x Male!Mario.exe!Reader

Inspired by Darkcooler78's Meta Runner x Male!Fatal Error Sonic!Reader Story Idea

Title: Let's-a-Play!!!

Type of Story: Action/Adventure

Based on: The Meta Runner Series

Info About the Reader: Y/n L/n was known as the most amazing and best Meta Runner in Neo Creation City until one night during a video game tournament by playing a speed run course with the fan-favorite Nintendo 64 game, Super Mario 64, a glitch happened during the gameplay and Y/n was now sucked into the world of the Mario universe and was transformed into the heroic plumber himself, Mario, only to be corrupted by the same glitch that brought him into the video game world that turned him into a demon as Mario.exe.

He then swore revenge against Tas Corp. and the CEO of the company, Lucks for what he did to the Meta Runners and turned him into who he is today as he practiced learning how to use his newfound powers in secret before discovering a young female Meta Runner named Tari that suddenly began playing two games at the same time, which were Super Mario 64 and Ultra Jump Mania until she suddenly got transported into the Super Mario 64 game, thanks to her ability to get into the video game world from her special Meta Runner device.

​​​​This is Y/n's chance to finally get revenge on Tas Corp and Lucks for ruining his life as he plans to gain Tari's trust along with her friends, Theo the Coconut Boy and Stupid Mario (SMG4 Mario), and of course, Y/n's best friend, Belle to put an end to Luck's reign of terror upon Neo Creation City once and for all.

Characters

Tari

Relationship: Love Interest

After Tari went inside the gaming world from her Meta Runner device, she eventually meets up with the main protagonist of the Super Mario 64 game also known as Stupid Mario because of his idiotic, but funny and heroic personality as they both head into the castle to explore until they encountered Y/n aka Mario.exe inside the castle.

At first, Tari was afraid of Y/n after having to deal with him in a few battles in his many different forms that he transforms into until she learned that he only wanted to get revenge on Lucks for turning him into what he is today. 

Then after Tari managed to get back into the real world due to Lucks' henchmen tampering with her Meta Runner arm and placing a tracking device in it, everyone was shocked to find Theo, SMG4 Mario and Y/n out into the real world and Y/n helped her and two video game characters get as far away from Luck as possible.

​​​​​Then after they get recruited into a group of Meta Runners known as MD-5 that are planning to put a stop to Lucks' company once for all, Tari was surprised that Y/n was willing to help her out like the actual Super Mario trying to save the princess from King Koopa as she soon slowly developed a crush on Y/n after he saved her life multiple times from any danger that will kill her, especially her arch-enemy, Evelyn that is nothing but a spoiled princess and blames Tari for no reason for taking all the fame, glory and the attention of all of the adoring fans that she deserves, which is something that both Tari and Y/n hated about her and are both willing to stop her from making their lives a living nightmare, even after she gains the same ability that Tari had as she plans to kill Tari with a kill code.

However, Y/n does not like what Evelyn is planning to do to Tari as he plans to do whatever he can in his power to take down Evelyn and ruin her life in the worst way possible.

Tari does truly love and care for Y/n even after all the trouble that he had to deal with in order to get back at Tas Corp for making him into a monster, but she's glad that he's willing to help her out in any way that he can until the end, where they can both play video games in peace in their own server along with Theo and SMG4 Mario.

​​​Belle

Relationship: Love Interest/Best Friend

Before Y/n became Mario.exe during a gaming tournament, she was Y/n's best friend alongside Lucina as they are known as the best Meta Runner gamers of all time until the incident occurred with Y/n trapped in the Super Mario 64 game and became a monster.

This has left Belle in a state of depression after both of best friends are gone, but still kept her focus on being the best Meta Runner in Neo Creation City until Tari showed up and began playing the Super Mario 64 game and was shocked to see Tari got into both games, which was Super Mario 64 and Ultra Jump Mania and found out that Y/n was still alive, but became a demonic version of Mario aka Mario.exe.

Even though that Y/n and Tari are escaping from her and the goons from Tas Corp with both Theo and SMG4 Mario, just because that Lucks was offering Tari a spot in the company along with Y/n because of his ability to transforms into many other versions of Mario, including the Exes versions, she still cares about him even though that he's now a demon version of Mario as well as Tari with her amazing skill to enter the video game world.

But even after how she learned the truth about her other best friend, Lucina is still alive and Lucks was keeping that a secret until both Theo and SMG4 Mario managed to extract some secret footage in Lucks' private folders as she switched sides to join the MD-5 gang to get some payback on Lucks for lying about Lucina being dead.

She even developed a crush on Y/n before the incident happen as and was glad that he is still alive and doesn't care if he's a demon version of Mario and will gladly share Y/n with Tari as they're willing to stop anyone from bringing utter destruction from both the real world and the digital world.

​​​​After I saw the story idea of the reader being Fatal Error Sonic from the Sonic.exe FNF Mod created by a Wattpad user named Darkcooler78, I thought about maybe the reader would become Mario.exe with the ability to become any Mario.exe related character like MX, I Hate You Luigi, The Wario Apparition, Mr. Virtual, Mr. L, etc., which is why I came up with this story idea about the Meta Runner Series made by Glitch Productions that also made other animated series like Sunset Paradise, Murder Drones and the SMG4 Series.

Also, I thought about adding Mario from the SMG4 series in the story because there was an episode where Mario was in Meta Runner, who took the role as Theo from the original Meta Runner Series and thought why not add both characters to the story to make things a bit more interesting for this idea since the reader is going to be Mario.exe in the story anyway.

If you like this story idea along the other ideas in this book, let me know in the comments if you agree with this idea.