Idea #58: Splatoon Series x Male!Inkling!Reader

Suggested by MelvinCampbell4

Title: That Time I Got Reincarnated as an Inkling

Type of Story: Action/Adventure

Based on: The Splatoon Franchise

Info About the Reader: Y/n L/n was just an average teenager with a pretty normal life and he loved playing video games, especially the Nintendo related games such as the Super Mario Bros. Series, the Pokemon games, Legend of Zelda, Super Smash Bros, etc. But the only games that he really loved to play is the Splatoon Series.

Ever since he started playing the first Splatoon game for the Nintendo Wii U, he soon became a real diehard fan of Splatoon as he collected not only the games, but also the entire collection of Splatoon Merchandise and he soon later became one of the best and well-known champions of the Splatfest Events as The Shadow Kraken.

But then, one night during a nasty storm rage, Y/n soon met his death after he managed to save a family from a flash flood and was killed by a bolt of lightning. However, due to his act of heroism by saving the family from the flood, he was soon reincarnated as a inkling and started his new life as an inkling and began his adventure throughout Inkopolis and stop the forces of evil that will reek havoc upon the city like the infamous DJ Octavio and the mysterious giant bear, Mr. Grizz.

By as he goes on saving people in the world of Splatoon, he soon finds out that he's slowly becoming more popular after stopping DJ Octavio's evil plan to take over Inkopolis and saving the planet from the wrath of Mr. Grizz as he earned the nickname that he has been using in his Splatoon games as The Shadow Kraken.

Wonder what kind of adventure that the heroic inkling will do next as his new life as an inkling.

Characters

Callie and Marie aka the Squid Sisters

Relationship: Love Interests

Y/n knows a lot about the Squid Sisters and knew that they were working for Captain Cuttlefish as Agents 1 and 2 as well as announcers for the Splatfest Events. When he first arrived at Inkopolis after he was incarnated into the world as an inkling, he soon saw Marie going into the vent like in the Splatoon 2 game as he followed her there and started helping Callie out with completing through all the worlds to take out the Octoling Boss and save her sister, Callie from DJ Octavio's control.

She first didn't believe Y/n's story about him being human and came back as an inkling after he died, but soon starts to believe him when she started seeing Y/n's human shadow and saw how he saved the poor family from drowning in the flood and came back as an inkling, but she soon started developing feelings for Y/n as well as her sister, Callie after he managed to save her from DJ Octavio's mind control.