Idea #64: Super Mario Odyssey x Male!Reader

Title: Super Y/n Odyssey

Type of Story: Action/Adventure

Based on: Super Mario Odyssey

Info About the Reader: After Princess Peach is captured once again by Bowser as the latest scheme is that he is now going to force Peach into marriage with the Koopa King himself as he plans to steal many items around the globe for their wedding. The worst part is that the two plumbers, Mario and Luigi are also captured and locked up to prevent him from ruining his plan once again. However, there is one person that has the courage and determination to stop Bowser from marrying the Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom.

His name is Y/n L/n, and he is the third and the younger brother of the Mario Bros. as he and Cappy worked together to chase down Bowser and his own wedding planners that he hired, The Broodals and save his brothers and the princess from Bowser's reign of terror.

Along the journey across the globe, he started helping out the people around the places that he and Cappy had traveled into like dealing with some tough bosses that are causing a bit of trouble for the duo to deal with like an Ancient Temple God with Ice Powers and a Robotic Wiggler that started draining the power out of New Donk City.

By the time that the duo makes it to the Moon to crash the wedding, Y/n will do whatever he can to stop Bowser from marrying Peach and save his brothers from captivity.

Characters

Cappy

Relationship: Loyal Partner

After Y/n met Cappy in his world after Bowser kidnapped Peach, his brother and his sister, Tiara, he teams up with Y/n as his very own special cap that gives him the ability to possess anything he comes across that will help him on his journey across the globe.

He is very loyal and supportive of Y/n after he manages to save him multiple times when he is danger and saved his sister from Bowser's wrath as she is used as part of Peach's wedding dress. He will always help out Y/n whatever and whenever he can in order to stop Bowser's evil plan.

By the time that he stopped Bowser's wedding on the moon and saved Peach, his brothers and Tiara, Cappy will forever be in his debt after their adventure and hopefully one day will go on another journey with him in the future.

Harriet Broodal

Relationship: Love Interest

As a member of the Broodal Family, she is hired along with her brothers, including Madame Broodal to help Bowser plan out the Wedding with Princess Peach and stop Y/n and Cappy from ruining the wedding as she encounters Y/n at the Sand Kingdom, she suddenly fell in love with the brave hero and gave him a fair fight.

Even though that Y/n has defeated her along with her brothers, she can't stop thinking about him and decides to leave the family and switch to the side of good as she helps out Y/n take out her family that has been treating rather poorly and later became a couple after the battle with the family and Bowser's defeat.

Hopefully that after the defeat of Bowser and the Broodal family, Harriet will turn over a new leaf and will do anything to prove everyone that she is no longer a threat to the Mushroom Kingdom and the entire world.

Super Mario Odyssey is one of my favorite Mario video games that I ever played on my Switch and how could I not come up with an x reader story like this.

Also, I thought about making Harriet Broodal as the reader's love interest since I know what happens after the ending of the game where Peach rejects both Mario and Bowser in marriage. Plus, the game is so awesome that I loved traveling through the many worlds in the game as some sort of world-traveling vaction.

I hope that one day that Nintendo will announce a sequel to the game that will bring us more adventures to travel across the globe.

If you like this story idea along the other ideas in this book, let me know in the comments if you agree with this idea.