Party Time

Emily pov

When we got to Spencer's house there was a small crowd of people outside her front door. Emilia was walking between Ali and I because she refused to be carried in. She was becoming quite the diva, I could only guess who she picked that up from. There was around 25 people crammed into Spencer's kitchen and living room. I couldn't see Spencer or her parents anywhere. I lifted Emilia up before she was squashed.

"Em! Ali!" I heard Hanna's voice shouting our names but couldn't see her.

"Over there." Alison pulled me.

I could finally see Hanna standing at the island of the kitchen with Caleb, Aria and Jason. I sat Emilia up on the island and she swung her legs back and forth.

"Where is Spencer and her parent? Arent they meant to be hosting?" Alison asked.

"No ones seen them." Hanna scoffed down some peanuts that were in a bowl next to her.

"Hi Emi are you feeling better?" Aria tickled Emilia's neck a little and Emilia let out an angelic giggle.

"Yes." Emilia's soft voice rang through my ears.

Everyone in the room went silent and I looked up towards the stairs to see Spencer and Toby hand in hand. They stopped at the bottom of the stairs and then appeared Mr and Mrs Hastings.

"Welcome everyone and thanks for coming." Mr Hastings said just loudly enough for everyone to hear.  "I know you will all be wondering why you are here today but we have a celebration." 

The room fell silent and Mr Hastings paused. Toby stepped forward.

"I asked Spencer to marry me and she said yes." 

Alison pov

Everyone knew this party was for Mr and Mrs Hastings benefit not Toby and Spencers. It was so formal Toby and Spencer were probably hating. Music filled the room out of no where and Spence and Toby joined the crowds of people wanting to see the ring. Spencer caught my eye after a few minutes and came rushing over to us all.

"Yeah I know its over the top."

I guess our faces must have been telling a story.

"Spence we are really happy for you." I hugged her then Emily followed.

After everyone had they're hug and gave their congratulations Spencer picked up Emilia from the counter.

"Hello cutie." Spencer smiled at Emilia. "You look so pretty."

Emilia smiled back at Spencer, showing all of her tiny teeth. Spencer hugged Emilia while she held her. I could still see in her face the pain she hides everyday. The music cut off and the room fell silent.

"Sorry to interrupt you all but I have a little something for Spencer and Toby." Mrs Hastings turned on her TV and a baby picture of Spencer popped up on screen. I looked at Spencer who's face turned bright red as she his behind Emilia. Toby found his way over to us and put his arms around Spencer.

"Don't think we forgot about you Toby." Mrs Hastings voice came from the TV and a baby photo of Toby appeared.

3 photos later and all the electricity went out. The full room was filled with whispers.

"Sorry everyone we will try to get that fixed." Mr Hastings shouted over everyone.

Spencer handed Emilia to me. Before Mr Hastings could even leave the room the TV turned back on. The screen was red then changed to a photo of a naked girl and the whole room gasped. It took me a moment to see who it was. Aria! I looked round to where Aria had been previously standing but she was no longer there. I felt someone pull on my arm. i turned to see Emily's face staring at me urgently. She pulled me harder and we ran from Spencer's house.