Visitors

Alison pov

I could hear Emilia stir in her crib as I woke up. I felt around the bed for Emily but she was gone. The bed felt so cold without her. With any luck she was just down stairs getting some thing to eat or drink. I listened and could hear voices coming from down stairs. I climbed out of bed and picked up Emilia. I sat back down on the bed and lay Emilia in front of me. I couldn't believe how small she was. She was perfect. She was wriggling around on the bed and I watched with amusement. Just as I was going to feed Emilia I heard footsteps coming along the hall. At first I thought it was Emily but there were more than one set of foot step.

"Just wait here a second." I could hear Emily sat to whoever she was with.

Thr bedroom door opened and Emily walked through.

"Good morning beautiful." She smiled. "We have a visitor, well I guess she more here for Emilia than us."

Mrs Fields walked through the bedroom door. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She was carrying at least three bags of presents for Emilia.

"How are you doing?" She smiled.

"I'm okay thank you."

Emily sat down on the bed beside Emilia and I.

Mrs Fields stepped towards Emilia who was still lying on the bed.

"These are just a few things for Emilia." She handed me the bags and I put them down beside the bed.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Can I hold her?"

"Uh sure."

Mrs Fields picked Emilia up off the bed. I looked at Emily confused and she shook her head. "After." She whispered.

"Ohh looks like someone needs their diaper changed." Mrs Fields half laughed as she said it.

"I'll go change her." I put my arms out to take Emilia.

"No it's fine you go get something for breakfast and I'll change her for you."

"You don't--"

"Emily take her to get something to eat she looks like she needs it." Mrs Fields cut me off.

Emily took my hand and pulled me off the bed.

"Well everything is like over there." I pointed towards the changing table.

Emily and I left the room just as Mrs Fields lay Emilia down on the changing table.

When we got down the hallway Emily stopped and pushed me against the wall. She kissed me passionately. My body felt like it was on fire from her touch. She pulled away and I tried to catch my breath.

"I love you." She whispered in my ear.

As she pulled her face away from my ear I cuped her face in my hands and kissed her gently.

"I love you too. Now whats going on with your mom?"

Emily laughed and led me down stairs.

"I explained to her that I love you and that I wanted to marry you. Then I told her that I would adopt Emilia as soon as I could."

"What did she say?"

"She had to sit down for a minute then she asked me Emilia's name and I told her. She got a little teary eyed then asked if she could come see you and Emilia."

We went into the kitchen and I grabbed an apple. Emily threw a bottle of water to me.

"Wait so all she needed to know was Emilia's name? I should have told her the name when we got engaged." I laughed.