Blood results

Emily pov

We were half way to my mom's house to pick up Emilia when my phone rang. My blood results were back and my doctor wanted to see my right away, so we doubled back and headed to see my doctor. I was incredibly nervous, it had to be serious if he wanted to see me right now. I kept thinking all of the possible things he could say to me. I felt sick. Ali hadn't spoken since I got the call she just drove as fast as she possibly could. I didn't even realize how fast we were going until we were outside the doctors office in under ten minutes after being at least twenty minutes away. We both sat in silence neither of us even making an attempt to get out of the car. I watched the small clock in the car as it changed to 10:32.

"What ever she has to say it will be okay and we will be fine." Ali finally broke the deafening silence.

I nodded in agreement even though I didn't really know what we were agreeing to.

"Lets get this over with."

We both got out the car together and headed into the doctors office. I sat down in one of the empty seats as Alison went over to the receptionist. The room was spinning around me from the moment I sat down. My vision was blurry and my ears were ringing as I tried to steady my breathing.

"Em! Em!" My vision began to clear as Alison's perfect face came into view.

"Hmm."

"We can go in." Ali put out her hand for me to take.

Ali led me in to the all too familiar room covered in a pale blue paint. I felt like I was going in slow motion with Ali pulling me along in to the room. My doctor was sitting in her black arm chair in the corner of the room beside the window. I tried to read her face to figure out what she had to tell me but she was giving nothing away. I stopped a few inches behind the chairs facing my doctor. Ali tugged on my hand urging me to come forward and sit down but my feet wouldn't move. She pulled me harder and I eventually moved. We both sat down across from my doctor and for a few minutes the room was quiet.

"How are you feeling today Emily?" my doctor smiled slightly.

"Nervous." I looked down at my hands that I was currently fidgeting with.

"Okay so I got your blood results back this morning." She paused for what felt like forever. "I know that you told me that you couldn't be pregnant and with your current marital status it did give me more than enough reason to rule that out but I had them check your blood twice just to be sure but it has come back that you are pregnant every other possible cause for your symptoms came back negative."