Break Out

Emily pov

I ran out of our bedroom and into Emilia's with Alison right behind me.  I lifted a whaling Emilia off of her bed and tried my best to cover her face.

As the smoke grew thicker I knew we had to find a way out of here and fast. I couldn't believe this was happening. It was our first night together in our new home and it had gone up in flame quite literally. I couldn't feel Alison's presence anywhere near me. I looked around and couldn't see her I could hear her coughing and panic ran through my whole body. I found the bathroom door and got inside quickly. I opened the window, shut the door and sat Emilia down in the tub. I didn't know what to do. I had to get Emilia out of here but I couldn't leave Alison. I heard the faint sound of someone's voice coming from outside. It was Jason.

"JASON UP HERE!" I shouted out the window. "JASON."

It only took him a few seconds to see me at the window. He ran back through some trees and appeared a five seconds later with ladders. He attached them to the building and they just reached the window to the bathroom. He began climbing them and I got Emilia who had now ran out of tears and was shaking vigorously. Jason was at the window by the time I turned back.

"Where's Ali?" I could see the worry in his face.

I handed him Emilia. "I'm just going to get her. Get Emilia away from here. "

Jason nodded and began back down the ladders. As he disappeared I could hear the wail of sirens. I opened the bathroom door and was hit with a cloud of black smoke.

"ALI! ALI WHERE ARE YOU?" I shouted through the smoke.

I couldn't see anything. I could hear the faint sound of coughing and tried to follow it.

"ALI!!"

The coughing stopped and I began running as fast as I could trying to find her. I ran into Emilia's room and Ali was lying on the floor. I could feel the heat from the flames downstairs through the floor boards. I knew it was only a matter of time before they made their way here and we would be trapped. I pulled Alison into my arms and carried her out of the room. She moaned a little as I walked. I had to find the bathroom. I began coughing and could feel that there was barely any oxygen getting to my lungs. I tried to walk faster but I felt weak. I could feel the slight breeze that came from the bathroom window as I got closer to the bathroom. My legs began to bend as I grew weaker. There was no way I was going to make it to the bathroom.