Emilia's first step

Alison pov

Emily and I had taken the day off of school to organise the seating plan and menu's for the wedding. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Although that was a lot harder with Emilia rolling on the bed over all of the piece of paper. The cake would be delivered on the day of the wedding so we didn't have to worry about that. Spencer had taken on the roll of organising practically everything on the day. Ever since Melissa's funeral she was constantly trying to keep herself busy and letting her organise was the only way we would get her to come to the wedding.

Emily picked up Emilia from the pile of paper that was part of our seating plan a few minutes ago. Now it was a piece of paper with smudged words and Emilia's saliva. Emilia struggled in Emily's arms.

"What's wrong with her lately? Usually she loves just sitting with us." Emily put Emilia back down on the floor.

"I think she is cutting a tooth." I didn't know if I was happy about that or not.

Ever since her teeth began coming through she was getting ratty and wouldn't sit. She also developed the hatered of being carried anywhere. Emilia crawled away behind Emily. I kept one eye on her as we continued with wedding preparations. We would be getting married next week and I couldn't wait. Even Paige was coming and I knew that meant a lot to Emily.

Emily pov

I was glad we decided to take the day off of school. I definitely felt like I needed a break even if Emilia was climbing on my back. Her small foot was digging into my side as she pulled herself up and pulleed my hair she tried to get herself up. Once she was standing up against my back something digged into my head as Emillia fell back down. I turned around to see Emilia sitting on the floor with a small white stick in her mouth. I pulled it out of her mouth and she gave out a small cry. Once I realised what it was I threw down on the ground.

"What the hell Em?" Alison looked at me startled.

I looked down at the stick and seen a cross marked on it. I looked over at Alison who had noticed it at the same time.

"Is this yours?" I asked.

Alison looked at me with a mix or disgust and shock. I knew I shouldn't have asked such a stupid question the moment I said it but I couldn't take it back now.

"Are you kidding me? Emily we are getting married in a week. How could you even ask me that?" She stood up sat down on her bed. "And no it's not mine." She snapped. "Is it yours?"

I knew she was just trying to get back at me by asking.

"No." I picked up the pregnancy test with one of the pieces of paper wrapped around it.

Emilia had began crawling around on the floor again unaware of what she had just found. I sat down on the bed next to Alison. We both stared at the tiny cross on the stick.

"Who's do you think it is?" I asked.

"Aria maybe. I mean she has been staying in Jason's bedroom a lot."

"Yes but I'm sure Aria would have told us if she was pregnant or Jason would have."

"Unless Jason doesn't know yet." Alison looked like she was concentrating on something really hard and I was beginning to wonder if she was constipated.

I looked over at Emilia who had managed to balance herself up. I nudged Alison and she looked at me confused. I pointed over at Emilia who had the same face Alison had just been making. I couldn't believe how a like they both were. I held my breath as Emilia took her first and second step then fell straight on her butt. Both Alison and I jumped of the bed with excitement. Alison picked a startled Emilia off of the ground and I threw the pregnancy test down on the bed. Emilia began giggling as I pulled them both in to me.

"I am so proud of you. You are such a smarty aren't you." I kissed Emilia's cheek and she grabbed hold of my hair.

Emilia had made us completely forget about the fact that someone that had been in Alison's house is pregnant and that their pregnancy test had been in Emilia's mouth.

I was so proud of Emilia and it was such an amazing feeling. My phone beeped and I pulled it out of my pocket.

Such a proud moment. Better hope she doesn't wander off. - A

I tried not to let the text ruin how proud I was but I could feel it echoing in the back of my mind as I painted on a fake smile for Alison.