WHAT HAPPENED

As you all will know I was at the Ariana Grande concert last Monday when the bomb went off. I know that most of you will have read about it on social media and seen stuff on the news but out of respect for all of you I am going to tell you what happened that night, what happened from someone who was theres point of view.

Ariana finished into you and then went off stage then around 5 minutes later came back on to do dangerous woman and some people left before the end of dangerous woman - being the people I think that were most injured because they were already outside. My girlfriend and I decided that as everyone was beginning to leave we would walk down towards the stage to see if there was any of the Ariana money that came down during greedy. We got to the end of the aisle when there was a loud bang and the whole arena fell silent for the first time all night - 20,000 people fell silent. No one in the arena knew what it was if it was a bomb or a gun shot or speaker blowing up, but after a few seconds someone in the third level screamed and all of a sudden 20,000 people which included a lot of children began panicking and pushing and running to get out the arena -  not knowing that the real danger was outside where we all were and that we were all actually safer inside the arena. I turned to my girlfriend and told her that she needed to get out of here and turned her around to go back the way we came. While we were trying to get out everyone was pushing and falling and climbing out the railings to get out faster. At this point no one knew what it was still. I asked one of the security staff if he knew what it was - hoping he would say it was something as stupid as a speaker blowing - but no instead he shrugged and looked at me as if to say what are you talking about. At this point we could now feel the breeze from outside and I knew it wouldn't be long until we were out of the arena and could get to our hotel. I kept telling myself it was just something stupid but I think deep down I knew it was something more. My girlfriend was a mess and scared so I knew I had to just stay strong for her. Some time along the way of trying to get out of the arena my girlfriend turned me and said I don't want to lose you and I took hold of her and didnt let go until we were out of the arena and phoning our mums. I had never been so relieved to be outside.

When we got back to the hotel thats when it hit me. I didn't know what caused the bang but I knew I was scared and didn't want to be in Manchester anymore. That night my dad drove down from Scotland to get us both and took us home. When we were checking out we asked if anyone else checked out and they told us pretty much everyone had except the small group of people who were sitting together where the restaurant was. 

To this day I don't think I have ever experienced anything so horrific and I don't think I will ever go through anything in life that is worse than that night.

Ironically the first thing that I reacted to emotionally or in anyway was PLL and Emison that following Wednesday and this Wednesday. I don't think anyone could have actually predicted that PLL would be what got me through such a horrible event.

I also want to thank you all for all your support and I'll try get back to writing as soon as I can.