Not So Empty Threat

Alison pov

When we got home from the adoption agency I went upstairs to charge my phone while Emily made some lunch for us all. She was no longer as quiet as she had been before we went in to the office. It looked like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. The agent seemed nice enough to me and I am guessing from Emily's new found voice from today that she likes her too. I was relieved that it went well I was incredibly nervous since it was me that had contacted her in the first place. 

"Mommy lunch!" Emilia's voice rang up the stairs. 

I smiled as I put my phone down to charge.

"Ali can you put my phone in to charge once yours is done its in my bag at the bottom of the bed!" Emily shouted up to me.

I went to the bottom of the bed and searched through her bag for her phone and placed it beside mine waiting. I headed downstairs for lunch and was met with the smell of grilled cheese half way down the stairs. 

"Something smells good." I picked up Emilia as I entered the kitchen, her face was still sticky  from her lollipop. 

Emily turned round with two plates of grilled cheese with a small chicken caesar salad on the side. I took one of the plates off of her and headed in to the living room with Emilia. As soon as I sat down on the couch with Emilia beside me Emily appeared with her plate and a bowl for Emilia. She placed the bowl down in front of Emilia on the couch and sat at the other side of me. 

"So what did you think of Elena?" I asked.

"She was nice." Emily switched the TV to one of Emilia's favourite shows. "I'm going to get the paper work done tonight so its ready for next week." She dug into her grilled cheese and nearly had one slice of it done in three bites. 

My eyes widened as I watched her finish it off.

"What?" She asked.

"Mama hungry." Emilia giggled as she took a spoon of her mac and cheese.

I let it out a little laugh but stopped as soon as I seen Emily's face turn sad.

"It's okay to be hungry you aren't just eating for you just now remember." 

Emily nodded once before getting back into her grilled cheese. 

When we both finished I took our plates and Emilia's bowl into the kitchen to wash. Emily followed in behind me. She wrapped her arms around my waist and began to kiss my neck.

"I was thinking that maybe once we put Emilia to bed tonight I could run us both a bath, light a few candles maybe." She continued to kiss my neck.

"That sounds amazing." I smiled while washing our plates.

Just as Emily's hands began to wander down my body I heard small footsteps running and turned round to see Emilia standing at the kitchen door.

"Mommy this is for you." She handed Emily a small piece of paper and Emily's eyes widened as she looked at it.

Emily pealed a piece of cardboard in the shape of a puzzle piece off of the paper and handed me the paper.

Lets share secrets, my secret is I am someone you have known for a long time. Your secret is mine to share - A

"What does that even mean? And why are they giving us a hint to who they are?" A was definitely up to something they never do something like this.

I turned to see Emilia standing staring up at me alone.

"Mama run away." 

I felt panic run through my body as I ran out the kitchen to see Emily sitting on the hall floor with the half filled puzzle that A had left us a months ago. She was putting the new piece in.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't I be? A just gave us one more clue making us one step closer to nailing this bitch." 

"What about the second half of that note about our secret?" I couldn't understand why Emily was being so calm about it all.

"A is going to tell whatever secret of ours they have and theres nothing we can do to stop them right now. We just need to deal with the fall our if they even have a  secret to tell."

I didn't even know what to say to that so I decided I would go upstairs to put Emily's phone in to charge . As soon as I put the charger in Emily's phone, my phone  began to buzz with text after text and missed call after missed call coming through, as soon as I turned my phone on.

Six missed calls and two texts from Spencer

Three missed calls and five texts from Hanna

Twelve missed calls from Mrs Fields