Back At Home

Emilys pov

We had been home for a few days now and things still weird. We had avoided Jason's bedroom, leaving the door closed so no one would see inside. I knew we would need to go through his stuff eventually but eventually was in no where near right now. Alison had spent the last few  days acting like everything was fine when I knew that she was struggling inside. So todaya I decided to try to make it the most peaceful family filled day I could.

"Ali are you dressed yet?" I shouted upstairs.

"I'm just picking out some shoes." Ali's voice travelled downstairs.

"Mommy." Emilia appeared at the bottom of the stairs in her pink dress.

"Don't you look beautiful." I lifted her up off the bottom step.

Emilia smiled at me and gave me a small kissed.

"I really dont see why we are going out today when graduation is in a few days and we should be spending time with the other girls before we all leave." Alison appeared at the top of the stairs looking unbelievably beautiful in a white summer dress. 

"We will see the girl later tonight." I put out my hand to her as she reached the bottom of the stairs. 

Emilia grabbed both of our hands in the air and smiled.

"Fine, but what exactly do you have planned?" Ali asked.

"I dont have anything planned. The only thing I planned was that we would go to the park and feed the ducks and we will see where we end up." 

Ali's pov

I watched as Emilia ran along the side of the pond trying to get to the ducks while she threw some bread that didnt even reach the water. Emily and I were only a few steps away from her but I always felt my heart drop every time I felt she was too close to the edge, which was met with her giggling as she stepped away from the edge again.

"How did we manage to raise a child who is so mature and careful considering who we are?" Emily laughed.

"I guess she learnt from the best parts of us both." I squeezed Emily's hand. "This was a good idea. Having this time together as a family before we graduate and everything gets hectic with this pregnancy and adoption."

"I dont want to be the person that says I told you so, so I will just smile and let you know I am thinking it." Emily smirked.

Emilia finally stopped running and was crouching down on the ground watching the ducks so we stopped a few steps away from her. I turned to Emily and kissed her. 

"I love you Emily. Even when you are thinking I told you so."

"I love you too. Maybe we should go get some ice cream after this? Or whenever Emilia decides she is bored of the ducks." Emily suggested. 

"You really think she is going to get bored of them any time soon?" I laughed. 

We both turned to look at where Emilia had stopped to look at the ducks, she was now a little further away and not alone. Someone crouched down next to her in a black hoodie.

"EMILIA!" Her named escaped my lips as I yelled to her before I had even thought.

Emily immediately ran towards Emilia leaving me behind for a moment before I followed behind her. Emilia jumped in reaction to me yelling her name and fell to the side landingin the pond beside her as the hooded figure ran away. 

Emily jumped into the pond after Emilia  who was swimming happily. I reached where Emilia had been standing moments before. I looked down to find an envelope and bag of candy. I 's picked them both up and looked out at the pond where Emily was holding Emilia's hand as she led her back to where I was standing. I opened the envelope  and found a small piece of paper folded inside.

See you at graduation for the final game - A

I flipped over the piece of paper thinking there could possibly be more but there wasn't. 

"Ali." Emily handed Emilia out from the pond who was giggling and loving life.

"Mommy?" Emilia looked up at me questioningly as her wet hair dripped over me.

I placed her down next to me as she reached for the bag of candy.

I crouched down next to her.

"Who gave you these?" I asked her.

"The man in the mask." She looked at me confused.

"Did he say anything?"

"Give to mommy." Emilia's eyes began to fill with tears, sensing something was wrong. 

"It's okay honey don't cry." I hugged her tightly as I picked her up again. 

"Ali whats wrong?" Emily was finally out of the pond.

I handed her the envelope and the bag of candy, that was with it. After she read the note she threw the bag of candy into the pond.

"Lets go home." Emily kissed Emilia and took my hand.