Challenge Two

Alison pov

It had taken us over fifteen minutes to get Emily from the tennis court to the car. We were on our way to the school and Emily had stopped crying. She just sat in silence staring forward. I didn't know what to do or say to help her. I was just glad that she wasn't facing Maya when it happened. I couldn't get the images out of my head but I had to be strong with Emily. I had been secretly sick beside the country club building while everyone else helped Emily into the car. I couldn't believe A had just done that. It was cruel and inhumane. The sound of her screams and the sound of the hammer hitting her skull. I don't know who else had seen it happen but I think I was the only one, everyone else was still making their way to where I was.

We pulled up at the school and everyone sat for a moment.

"We need to go in." It was the first time Emily had spoken since Maya. In fact it was the first time anyone had spoken.

We all got out the car and cautiously walked towards the school. When we got inside the school we each used our phone lights to help us be aware or every detail that could be off. I could see the double doors that led to the swimming pool up ahead. Emily was walking like a zombie as I held her hand while we walked. I squeezed her hand and she gave me a small weak smile with her tear stained face. I knew it was fake but I was just happy she reacted to something. As soon as we reached the doors the lights inside turned on. We all stopped and looked at one another for a moment.

"Well lets get this over with." Spencer took a deep breath before pushing the doors open.

We all followed her into the swimming hall. I looked around looking our for any wires or anything that could hurt us.

"HANNA!" Caleb shouted startling me. "Sorry." He noticed me jump.

Emily's grip on my hand tightened. She was staring straight on and I followed her gaze to the swimming pool.

"Guys! What is that?"

"Omg." Spencer seen what I seen.

The swimming pool had a cage over it.

"Han!" I shouted as we made our way closer.

We got the edge of the pool and the water didn't reach the navy line that it usually met it was a few feet below it. The cage covered the full pool and was bolted in each side.

"There's someone in there." Spencer shouted.

I searched for the person that Spencer could see and found them sitting on a small wooden chair tied down to it. The water was just below their neck but I couldn't make out who it was they were too far down to make out.

"Hanna! Hanna!" Caleb shouted into the pool, I could hear the desperation in his voice.

I moved Emily behind me, I couldn't let her see anything else bad happen just in case something were to happen just now. Caleb began to pull at the cage try to get it to move so he could get down and untie Hanna from the chair but it wouldn't budge. I searched the room looking for something that could help. A few feet away from me I could see a small envelope hanging from a wire.

"Hey look." I made my way over to the envelope with Emily behind me.

"What is it?" Spencer asked.

"I don't know maybe something from A." I pulled the envelope and there was a loud noise, like a machine starting.

"The waters rising!" Caleb shouted. "What have you done!?" He began to pull and kick at the cage.

"ALI!" I heard Jason's voice.

"Jason?" I ran over to the pool pulling Emily along with me.

"Ali is that you?" Jason shouted from the bottom on the pool.